Airline Mogul Forum

Advise needed on Beech B1900 aircraft

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 15, 2009, 11:27:15 am
I am considering getting a Beech B1900 aircraft to add to my fleet, but as a not-so-experienced airline operative I need to ask advise on this matter. I noticed that the year you're playing in has got some sort of influence on the aircrafts that you use for certain routes. I am in 2004 now and planning to use this aircraft mentioned, to fly to another country (cross-border) on the same continent. I did some route research and it confirmed that this aircraft will be able to fly to this destination, however, not wanting to create this route at a loss, I need some feedback and advise from experienced airlines before I proceed with this plan. The airport in question has got about 700 000 passengers. Should I proceed?

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 12:38:47 pm
To be honest, I do not prefer people buying B-1900s and do long hauls simply because its a waste of money (not you cant make any money, but you can make much more on short hauls)

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 12:53:32 pm
Ok, thanks for being honest. I am considering short haul flights too, however the amount of passengers at the domestic airports at which I do not have gates yet, are not very high which could result in me losing out on money, which is not good for a new airline. I have gates at the high passenger number airports which is working fine. What would you do? Any suggestions welcome...

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 01:27:41 pm
Well... where are you basing?

<<Admins, move it to Game Strat.>>

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 03:36:47 pm
I'm a japanese airline based in Africa, planning to fly to African countries at first. I don't know much about the aircrafts, currently only have the one I was given when I entered the world. Now its time to expand. Also, is it better to get an aircraft on a lease or to buy an affordable one?

wavif

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:02:50 pm
Do you already have gates rented for airports you do not still fly ?
i would advise against renting gates until you really need them  ;)

GoldDragonFly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 10:04:59 pm
No, I have not yet rented the gates. I was doing some route research and looked at my options.

Belfordrocks

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 07:43:13 am
By the way I stronly recomment against setting up your first base at an airport or region in which you aren't familiar.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk