Airline Mogul Forum

Vatsim or VA members here??

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:20 pm
Ah, ceo_txi, one of the contributors to one of the most entertaining threads on this forum. Shame he removed most of this posts, but the majority them can been seen in the other replies.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Severnaya

• Airline Operative
  • The truth is more important than the facts.
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 10:55:38 pm
Ah, ceo_txi, one of the contributors to one of the most entertaining threads on this forum. Shame he removed most of this posts, but the majority them can been seen in the other replies.
Oohh, thanks for the great read!! :lol: anybody knows more about the dogs.... :P

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 12:03:35 pm
I have to admit that was very funny. His posts just progressively deteriorated until he was plainly contradicting himself, and he came across as slightly paranoid.

Why don't we have any characters like this around any more?
I think it is the devious, wicked admins, probably in collusion with such characters to stop them from entertaining us!

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 12:42:51 pm
Oh, you cannot, repeat cannot, blame the admins for killing these things. I think, having read this entire thread for the third time, that me and (especially) DDD did everything we could to make this individual feel right at home.

Now, let's get back to the original topic of Virtual Airlines.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 01:05:57 pm
I agree, the admins here seem to be incredibly patient despite often very difficult people. These kind of fights need to be stopped, before people say things they will regret. There always are some people who look for fights on forums.

Virtual airlines, I haven't found a good one really. I guess I am too laid back in the way I like to fly (it is, after all, for fun). I don't like all the checks and rules that they seem to impose. However, it is appealing the way you can ascend the ranks - actually earn the right to fly massive aircraft, rather than just start off with it. I suppose I will have to keep looking...

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 01:34:25 pm
There are some good ones out there, it's just a matter of finding one that does suit your wants and needs. Which is hard, I have to admit. And even when you have found one you like, there's always gonna be a time when you don't feel like flying for a couple of months, or a year or so, so you get kicked out for inactivity and have to start all over again. I know I can't do a flight every month because I'd be bored to death, eventually. Managing a virtual airline, that's something else. I still want to start one sometime, see how I do.

Frequent Flyer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 07:16:25 pm
Sorry for my noobness, but can someone explain what do you, as a pilot, have to do in a VA?  :-[

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 09:42:41 pm
Basically, what you'd do as a pilot in a real-life airline, albeit slightly less realistic, and on Flight Simulator: Fly routes the airline lets you fly (well, more like fly routes the airline supplies you with, and you get to choose which ones you fly).

Frequent Flyer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 01:33:27 pm
So do you have to fly a scheduled flight (i.e. every week I have to fly London Heathrew to Paris Orly)?
Also, are flights flown online or on my own computer? And how does the virtual airline know if I flew the flight or not?
Also, where can I find a list of VAs?

Thanks alot!

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 04:14:34 pm
No, it's not that restrictive. Basically, what you do is (in most VA's) you book a flight from the system (any flight, just choose one you like to fly) that you're allowed to fly based on your hours flown for that airline. When you're relatively new, you'd probably be flying ATR's or Embraers, and progressing through the ranks you'd go to 737's, A320's and eventually on to the 747's, A340's, that sort of stuff. Anyway, you just pick a flight whenever you feel like flying.

Some VA's only allow you to fly on VATSIM, IVAO or Virtual Skies, or some other online network, but most VA's are OK with just flying it on your own computer. That really depends on what VA you decide to fly for. For offline flights, the VA is really pretty much counting on your honesty in submitting Pilot Reports, in which you fill in some details about the flight.

There was a list of virtual airlines on Avsim, but they got hacked so now I don't know where to find one. If you want a list of some good VA's that might interest you, without me advertising anything on the forums, send me a PM and I'll see if I can help you.

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 01:53:01 am
Now flying Qantas Virtual on Fly Tiger Group. Im ranked at Second Officer right now with...

Total Hours- 12.2
Total Flights- 9
(need to add a Canberra to Perth flight I did, so that'll add a nice few hours)

Frequent Flyer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 01:08:28 pm
I've recently joined Atlantic Sun Virtual Airways. I've flown 10.7 hours and now I am a Second Officer in the training hub (Boeing Field, KBFI).

dva5998

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 04:38:03 am
Ok, I've flown for a lot, and currently 4 (some more than others):

Current:
DVA-Captain, B777.
IPG-Director of Fleet/Yield Management
SWVA(thinking of leaving, tired of all 737's)-Trainee

Coming out of retirement:
SimCoa

Former VA's: