Airline Mogul Forum

Multiple Flights to Same Destination

m5_beast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 15, 2009, 08:40:14 pm
What is the best way to schedule multiple flights to the same destination without affecting total profit or load factor on the pre-existing flights?

Shawa

• Airline Operative
  • Worldair Alliance
    • View Profile
    • Worldair Alliance
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 09:14:30 pm
don't do it. you won't have the problem.

Especially if you're trying to do multiple 0.5 routes

Alouette Aviation - Österreichische Wetterstrecken - Blå Løve Luftveje - Imperskiye Nebesa

Flybynight747

• Airline Operative
  • FLY 747s
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:08:07 am
Shawa is absolutely right, DO NOT schedule more than 1 flight to the same destination from the same base.

Multiple frequencies will push down your route profit drastically.

JAY AIR

steventommyobama

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 10:51:06 pm
Sorry Jay, I'd have to disagree!  I run my airlines as multi-frequency to keep competition away  :D and when I have a left over 767 from a TATL with 3-4 hours, I add it to a route to ORD, DFW, ATL, or a 300K airport!  They do really make money!

Japanair

• Airline Operative
  • :D
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 12:48:02 am
Sorry Jay, I'd have to disagree!  I run my airlines as multi-frequency to keep competition away  :D and when I have a left over 767 from a TATL with 3-4 hours, I add it to a route to ORD, DFW, ATL, or a 300K airport!  They do really make money!

It may make your competitors run away, but it will also affect your airline in the long term. I'd rather make 2 flights to 2 destinations with 1x frequencies than fly to 1 flight, 1 destination with a 2x frequency flight. You make around 50% more profit, and it doesn't create a bad reputation for you (multi frequencies are really, really annoying). And for good routes, trying to get rid of competitors with big aircraft and multi frequencies won't work. If I were the competitor, I would either ignore you or get an even bigger aircraft to get you annoyed... :D

Floridair - W2169
Nordica - W2393
ID: 1945
A proud member of the WorldAir Alliance
GO CANUCKS GO!

Hal

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 09:13:11 am
You can with this strategy  annoy someone who has enough money to buy bunch of cheap turbotrops (60 - 70 pax), set freq to 8 - 10 with cheap fare and your profit will be ruined.
Central Europe Brokerage, official broker, ID15523.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 03:03:50 pm
..... and it doesn't create a bad reputation for you (multi frequencies are really, really annoying)....

So are E1 flights  :roll:

somchai

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 06:17:29 pm
well what i did was.. have one aircraft fly two of the same route. both on 1frenquency but the first one is priced higher than the other.. both bring in profit. is there a downside to this?

Arcanum

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 08:26:43 pm
well what i did was.. have one aircraft fly two of the same route. both on 1frenquency but the first one is priced higher than the other.. both bring in profit. is there a downside to this?
Yes, as stated above, you will make more profit by sending one of those planes to a second destination instead of the same one.  Though you won't lose money by having more than one frequency, it will bring down ticket prices and route profit (possibly loadfactor too).
Freedom Air - World 1073World 1217
ID: 33390

mitch909

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 01:20:43 am
In my situation it was beneficial to have two airplanes travel the same routes. I currently only had 4 or 5 destinations and one airplane flying all of them and another airplane collecting dust. I kept the other airplane because I had a good priced lease on it and would soon need it. Anyways I assigned it routes and my monthly +profit went up hugely allowing me to rent more gates. Once new gates are rented you can assign your aircraft to those routes instead and make more money. Only reason to have more then one plane flying a route is when you have one sitting around, don't have enough rented gates to utilize an aircraft, or in order to control a route and destroy your competition.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 03:03:54 am
In my situation it was beneficial to have two airplanes travel the same routes. I currently only had 4 or 5 destinations and one airplane flying all of them and another airplane collecting dust. I kept the other airplane because I had a good priced lease on it and would soon need it. Anyways I assigned it routes and my monthly +profit went up hugely allowing me to rent more gates. Once new gates are rented you can assign your aircraft to those routes instead and make more money. Only reason to have more then one plane flying a route is when you have one sitting around, don't have enough rented gates to utilize an aircraft, or in order to control a route and destroy your competition.

1. It's nearly impossible to flood a route to drive a competitor to bankruptcy.
2. Unless you already have routes to every single airport within that aircraft's range, there is never a need to use two aircraft on the same route.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

mitch909

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 04:42:54 pm

1. It's nearly impossible to flood a route to drive a competitor to bankruptcy.
2. Unless you already have routes to every single airport within that aircraft's range, there is never a need to use two aircraft on the same route.
I agree with you, my priority was to basically say the 2 point you made.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk