Airline Mogul Forum

(W506) The most profitable jet aircraft with a range beyond 2700 nm?

kcclieou

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am thinking of replacing my dozens of Fairchild Hiller F-27F's by new jet aircrafts with a range of at least 2700 nm (because this is the longest route that I am now flying with these aircrafts) and a speed of at least 450 (because I want to be able to do two roundtrip flights of similar distance each day). Can anyone tell me which aircraft is the best for this purpose?

I am now making something between $2,200,000 and $2,400,000 each day, and I wish to find something that is afforadable (i.e. preferably I can buy at least one new aircraft of the type every day). Can anyone give me some nice suggestions? The Comet 3 seems to be pretty afforadable but is a bit hungry on fuel. Is there anything better than that? How does it compare with the Comet 4 (which carries more passengers and consumes slightly less fuel, but is more expensive) in terms of profitability? Would fuel costs matter a great deal?

Thank you.
W506 - Ivy League Airways - Your Choice for Academic Travel
W737 - Delta Air Lines - One Great Airline, Together in Style
W1162 - Southwest Airlines - A Symbol of Freedom
W1481 - United Airlines - It's Time to Fly

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Honestly, with a DOC of 2.4M, I wouldn't worry about jets (or any plane over 8M). Buy more props and fly to more destinations closer to your bases.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
I would say the quickest way for you to reach a affordable jet is to replace your F-27s with
Smith 46-C and (later) HS-748s.
After reaching somewhere around 8m DOC, get yourself bunches of SE-10B.
A 10-12 m DOC should get you a DC-9 (which will enter the stage next year, but don't replace SE-10Bs with DC-9s coz theyre really a dam* good workhorse  ;)) or sth like that (~90 seats, ~2000nm range).
If I have 2 choose between Comet 3 and 4 series, I'ld perfer 3 coz: firstly, fuel cost is negligible in this game, secondly, 4 is too expensive for an airline depending on props.

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk