Airline Mogul Forum

Marketing Expenses + newbie questions

aroda

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 27, 2008, 09:12:15 am
- Is there a way that I can see all my marketing expenses? Because they don't appear in the finance page nor the dops report (unless they are counted under the misc. expenses) If that's the case, would it be possible to separate the info?

- Btw, it would be great to know what does exactly cover both misc. revenues and misc. expenses, an entry on the wiki-manual would be enough.

- Another thing I don't understand is why the revenue for a route doesn't match the rule => Revenue = seats x ticket price, but instead is a little bit higher  ??? why?

- About the broker system and leasing of planes... I understand that the Markup is the % that the broker makes for leasing the plane to you (his benefit) but I don't understand to what amount does the percentage refer, is the x% of the Plane Market Value, x% of the Plane Sell Value, x% of the plane revenue?

Thanks for helping me with this.

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 10:22:38 am
Well on the broker side of things, you can generally only buy from official brokers, not lease from them. The markup is % of the plane's new cost, so a €55 million 737 at -10% would be 90% of €55 million = €49,500,000. I think.. :D
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 10:44:00 am
Markup percentages only apply to buying aircraft off brokers, not when leasing. Apart from that, zkvac is pretty much right on.

Marketing expenses can be found in the relatively unknown Marketing Department. They are listed there, not under misc. expenses or, for that matter, anywhere in the Operations Department.

Misc. Revenue and Expenses is mostly Food & Drinks, as far as I know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk