Airline Mogul Forum

View Airport changes

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: October 28, 2008, 11:21:16 am
I have made a few changes to the view airport page.

• Firstly there is now a market share chart to see the table data in a summarised form.
  • The format of the page has been altered slightly, now the route map, market share chart and gate information are integrated into the data table.
  • The route map, market share chart and gate information are also collapsible and expandable, allowing you to make them disappear if you don't want them.
  • On top of this, if you want to save the format of the page, just hit Save Settings at the bottom of the screen, and your preferences will be recorded. Also, if you expand or collapse an item, this button will be highlighted in red instead of blue to remind you that you have unsaved preferences.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 10:34:18 am
Just a small suggestion. Could the departures/arrivals list be made collapsible as well. I probably use this least out of all the features and it can make the page very long and difficult to use. If anything were to be made collapsible, I think it should be that.

Otherwise, its very good.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 12:03:03 pm
Just a small suggestion. Could the departures/arrivals list be made collapsible as well. I probably use this least out of all the features and it can make the page very long and difficult to use. If anything were to be made collapsible, I think it should be that.

Otherwise, its very good.

The modifications are simply design, and dont actually speed up the page. But I will note that request as its the second time I've had it.
Stephen Murphy

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 12:12:50 pm
I know it will still load the information, I think it would just clear up the page. I don't know, but it may also display better on slow computers, which don't need to show the information (just download it).

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 02:11:24 pm
Added that now. It wont be savable as a preference for the moment.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 02:13:17 pm by StephenM »
Stephen Murphy

mashimaro_1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 01:09:00 am
For the market share chart, could you change the colours? It's kind of hard distinguishing different...shades of green.
Jesters Airways

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 01:42:23 am
Maybe you could alternate between 2 or 3 shades of green (rather than go progressively from dark to light). That would provide enough difference to make out each piece and would still fit in with the green theme of the website.

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 07:24:30 am
Very nice add, makes it look a lot nicer than before.

ianmanka

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 08:06:03 am
I concur on changing the pie chart colors. Maybe a gradient from a dark blue to the light green? Or a gradient from a dark green to a red or yellow (going from "majority" to "very small presence," red or yellow meaning "worse")? Basically, I'd like a gradient that allows for greater difference between the colors.

Thanks for making such an interesting game!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk