Airline Mogul Forum

Changing your base continent?

Banana Bomb

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 27, 2008, 12:41:59 am
Hey All,
My airline is Sunway Airlines in world #10, I chose North America as my base continent but I would like to change it to Australiasia.
I have closed all my bases and routes in North America.  Is it possible to change base continents? Or will I just have to make do in NA for this round.

Thanks for any help in advance.
"Stop laughing at me flying avocado!"

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 01:08:53 am
It is only possible with an account reset. This would mean loosing everything you may already have (planes, money, airline value). I.e., starting all over.

If that's what you want, send an email to  :staff:  from your registered address and ask for a reset. Remember to state your airline ID and World #.

themightydude

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 04:34:46 pm
Not to hijack this topic, but I think I have a question which would fall under this category.

I'm based in North America..I have bases in Ohare, Memphis, Dallas Love, and San Diego.

I also have a foreign base at Tokyo Narita...I wanted to create another base somewhere in Europe, but am unable to?

Is this because your limited to only creating 1 foreign base?

Thanks
ww.uaminc.com

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 05:35:02 pm
I wanted to create another base somewhere in Europe, but am unable to?

Is this because your limited to only creating 1 foreign base?
Yes, indeed.

In the world selection screen there is a column labeled "Focus Cities [Foreign] Total." Under that you'll see something like "[1] 7." The number between brackets is how many foreign (i.e., outside your starting region) you may have. In this example it would be just one foreign base.

Also note that, towards the limit, a foreign base counts as 2. So, when you see something like "[1] 7" that means you can have a total of 7 bases in your starting continent or 1 foreign base and only 5 further bases.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 07:13:31 pm
Something else that might work is to close all flights, return all gates (or not), dehub all your hubs, and wait for the new month change. There's a good possibility that it'll prompt you to select a hub.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 09:52:23 pm
Something else that might work is to close all flights, return all gates (or not), dehub all your hubs, and wait for the new month change. There's a good possibility that it'll prompt you to select a hub.

The selection would only be limited to your former continent.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk