Airline Mogul Forum

Some errors about Turkey, Armenia, Azarbaijan

Seattlepilot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 22, 2008, 09:19:30 pm
- There are two different Tokat airports. There are two different IATA codes with same ICAO codes.
- Country is classified as a Middle Eastern country even though aviation wise is part of Europe.
- The same thing applies to Armenia and Azarbaijan as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Aviation_Authorities#Non-EU_members

- There is no reference to Northern Cypriot airports.

I don't care what your political views are if the country belongs to JAA as a non-EU member, I think that should be taken as a reference.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:03:26 pm
Turkey has been moved to the Middle East to get more airports to that region, in favor of Europe which already has a large number of big airports. Not sure about Armenia and Azerbaijan, but it's probably the same reasoning. Cyprus is classed as a single country, seeing as Northern Cyprus is widely regarded as a de facto country, hence not seen as one in AM.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 10:40:50 pm
I don't care what your political views are

Political views are not the basis of the majority of Airline Mogul decisions. As MrOrange has pointed out, we have game based balancing considerations that we take into account. Similar setups are in existence in other "regions" where official continents do not exist, yet appear in Airline Mogul.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Seattlepilot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:45:09 pm
Mr. Orange,
I can understand that little bit, as far as Cyprus is concerned, I don't have a problem with her being a single country, after all that the UN representation. On the other hand, Ercan and Gecitkale are not there. Has anyone submitted these two airports?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:55:47 am
Probably they just haven't been submitted, or data for them was found to be unreliable or downright wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk