Airline Mogul Forum

Slapping Myself Silly

Infinity_Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 05, 2008, 04:39:15 am
I thought I was going to get away from this game.  I totally liquidated my airline in two worlds (including 10 right after it started).

But I can't stay away.... now I'm back, just in world 10, but starting with a liquidated airline.... no planes and only a small amount of money.  I was one of the top 20 in Asia after World 10 started, now I'm with no starting plane, but 5 million in cash

Oh well - a couple leases and an airline order.  We'll see how I do.

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 05:51:17 am
Honestly?  It's a lot more fun to play that way.   The first round I played I started one or two years late and finished in the top 10. The next round I played start to finish and won it, but it wasn't as much fun playing defense to stay in the lead...  I much prefer offense.

Multiworlds started and I played W3 for a while but got so big so fast that it wasn't hard anymore so I quit.  Learning from my lessons I decided to start W9 two years late and have been having a blast climbing through the ranks.  

The one benefit of starting late is that there is a glut of aircraft to lease or buy used, allowing you to grow exceptionally fast if you play your cards right.  [/i]
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

IceTrojan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 01:22:51 pm
I'm back in limited form... not going to have the time to climb to Top 5 this time, and I'm going to stay in it until I lose interest again because someone tanks LF with multiple freqs.  Not complaining, just stating the facts for myself.
img]http://airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/8693.png[/img]

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 04:52:57 pm
I'm back in limited form... not going to have the time to climb to Top 5 this time, and I'm going to stay in it until I lose interest again because someone tanks LF with multiple freqs.  Not complaining, just stating the facts for myself.

Yea, I'll try to keep my LF once after 1st of Sept. but it'll be a hard job....

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:10:23 pm
I got so sick of having competition even out of a smaller place like Nice that I quit. I leased out all my planes but now I have a ginormous order probably worth more than my company and I need to actually fly routes to fill it. So I'm flying one plane, no more.

Speaking from an aircraft financing firm's perspective, I'm so lucky to have such loyal clients  ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:14:06 pm by yourefired »

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 12:55:30 am
Honestly?  It's a lot more fun to play that way.   The first round I played I started one or two years late and finished in the top 10. The next round I played start to finish and won it, but it wasn't as much fun playing defense to stay in the lead...  I much prefer offense.

Multiworlds started and I played W3 for a while but got so big so fast that it wasn't hard anymore so I quit.  Learning from my lessons I decided to start W9 two years late and have been having a blast climbing through the ranks.  

The one benefit of starting late is that there is a glut of aircraft to lease or buy used, allowing you to grow exceptionally fast if you play your cards right.  [/i]
However, in W10, there are already a lot of airports with no gates available.  8)

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 10:54:07 pm
Yeah I noticed that, little UK airports with like 100,000 pax and they're out of gates!
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 07:56:31 am
I got so sick of having competition even out of a smaller place like Nice that I quit.

With an attitude like that, you've got a rough life ahead of you.

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 06:44:19 am
I got so sick of having competition even out of a smaller place like Nice that I quit.

With an attitude like that, you've got a rough life ahead of you.

Yeah well my ass isn't on the line here. It's just an insignificant game I no longer enjoy. I'm not gonna stick around and keep doing something I don't enjoy.

I've been known to agressively pursue something I really want. To be giving myself carpal tunnel on a daily basis and have it consume my life is NOT what I want.

Obviously you're quite cynical. Let me put a positive spin on things: I can discern what is and isn't worth my time.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:00:14 am by yourefired »

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 08:17:06 am
So the game isn't worth your time, but the forum for the game you're no longer going to play is? 

And besides, you need to be cynical to succeed. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 08:19:12 am by Thanks_for_the_upgrade »

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 08:59:16 am
So the game isn't worth your time, but the forum for the game you're no longer going to play is? 

And besides, you need to be cynical to succeed. 

The forum's still entertaining.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 10:57:16 am
Yeah well my ass isn't on the line here. It's just an insignificant game I no longer enjoy. I'm not gonna stick around and keep doing something I don't enjoy.

Basically, if the game doesn't mean something to you, you would not be still sticking around here in the forum. You need to understand yourself better to be successful. Denial is not a good thing at all. ;) :P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 03:35:08 pm

Basically, if the game doesn't mean something to you, you would not be still sticking around here in the forum. You need to understand yourself better to be successful. Denial is not a good thing at all. ;) :P

Like I said, the forum's still remotely entertaining. Playing a game and reading a blog requires two very different skill sets.

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 06:59:30 am
HA!    Anyway, poor excuses for denial, getting publicly booted from the FT alliance and bad game strategy aside -  for the OP; if you're going to join W13, let me know.  We'll make you a silent partner for the alliance so that we can push you along. 

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 05:54:46 am
getting publicly booted from the FT alliance

What does that have anything to do with anything?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk