Airline Mogul Forum

Airline out of nowhere

Keithaltman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 05, 2008, 12:38:10 pm
OK, this is very strange.  In World 3, I had been ranked number 10 (FIB 12777).  As of two days ago, the closest person behind me was about 5 Billion behind me.

Yesterday, suddenly I am number 11 and the number 10 person is 20 Billion ahead of me.  I was also number 9 in passengers.  So that means that someone with less passengers than me increased their value by at least 25 billion or so in one night.  Far as I can tell, thats impossible.  One of the top 10 seems to be unfamiliar, but I don't want to be accusatory.

Did something strange happen?  Is it possible someone from another world got moved into world 3?

Fibonacci (FIB) 12777

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 12:49:06 pm
An airline came out of hibernation. I think it was my good, if very absent, friend SATA. He's been inactive for quite a long time, so his airline had been removed from the rankings. Now he logged in again, the airline status went back to "Active" and is showing again.

Keithaltman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:41:22 pm
Thought I made the top 10, but now is basically impossible for me to catch up before the end of the world.  Oh well.

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 03:46:40 am
Quote from: "Keithaltman"
Thought I made the top 10, but now is basically impossible for me to catch up before the end of the world.  Oh well.

Did you used to be on Saturday Night Live a few years ago, specifically part of the cast that did the skit called "Mr. & Mrs. Whiner?" Do you whine about EVERY SINGLE THING? And for those of you who think that I'm picking on this poor soul, here's a copy of a PM that he sent me not so long ago:

Subject   HOG   
Message   Do you really enjoy being a pig? Why don't you expand on new routes instead of grabbing all the revenue on a given route? Is it your mission to take all of the enjoyment out of the game for the other players? Just remember: Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered.

Now seeing as I have nearly 4,400 routes, I'm really not sure how many more routes I can be expected to expand. However, I WILL make sure that any further expansion includes every new route that you open. I am confused on one thing though: Can I be a hog without being a pig, or do I have to be a pig first, get fat, then that turns me into a hog so you can slaughter me? I'm not sure how the comparison works or of the order of how things are supposed to go.
 8)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 04:47:24 am
All I could say is that Dooskie, you should have taken a screen shot and bring that PM to the staff's attention at :staff: . The airline in question would have trouble with us. That is a very good way to bring down your competitor. :wink: :P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 10:45:34 am
Quote from: "dktc"
All I could say is that Dooskie, you should have taken a screen shot and bring that PM to the staff's attention at :staff: . The airline in question would have trouble with us. That is a very good way to bring down your competitor. :wink: :P
It's a lot more fun to pound the rookie into submission and then hear him swine (I mean whine), or squeal like a stuck pig. Yes, puns intended.  8)

RedSoxFan417

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 06:31:38 am
Quote from: "Dooskie III"
Quote from: "dktc"
It's a lot more fun to pound the rookie into submission and then hear him swine (I mean whine), or squeal like a stuck pig. Yes, puns intended.  8)

You very well could "pig out" on his routes or gates also :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk