Airline Mogul Forum

When will a long-haul with huge plane will actually work?

karnc · 18 · 4260

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 02:47:53 pm
Brand new :The original price of the plane x n% + fuel cost + other costs (where n refers to the maint. cost percentage)
1 year old  : The original price of the plane x (n+y)% + fuel cost + other costs (where y refers to the percentage added to the maint. cost percentage)

anyway, just don't buy large planes

Correct me if I'm wrong.....

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 06:01:22 pm
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"
Brand new :The original price of the plane x n% + fuel cost + other costs (where n refers to the maint. cost percentage)
1 year old  : The original price of the plane x (n+y)% + fuel cost + other costs (where y refers to the percentage added to the maint. cost percentage)

anyway, just don't buy large planes

Correct me if I'm wrong.....

buying big planes is no problem, but the only aircraft I have had money problems with and have struggled to make money out of like real life airlines are the following:

777 fleet
747 (all)
probably A380
738 (yes, they i are tested them out)
A340

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 04:06:36 pm
Quote from: "iranair777"

777 fleet
747 (all)
probably A380
738 (yes, they i are tested them out)
A340

If 747 aren't going to make any money, there is no doubt that A380 (Which has more seats than 747) aren't going to make any money.

Quote from: "mg35pt"
if LH and big planes are so great, then why so many (RL) starter airlines go with 737's or even ATR's on regional routes? On the other hand, as the game progresses, you will see short hops loosing appeal very, very fast. Longhaul remains mostly stable.

BTW, I doubt there will be any bank willing to give starter airlines enough money to buy planes larger than a 200-seater. (757/767, for example)

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk