Airline Mogul Forum

Returning Leased Aircraft?

grandoceanic

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 04, 2008, 07:03:51 pm
Sorry for the basic question but I'm brand new at this game (btw I LOVE it!) and am currently leasing most of my fleet.  A lot of the leases I've seen are for 999 or 9999 months which didn't appeal to me but I just saw a button to "Return aircraft to owner."  I didn't see anything about this in the manual and don't want to use it right now but it will effect what leases I purchase in the future.  Can I return leased aircraft at anytime without penalty?  Or will I have to buy out the remainder of the lease?
rand Oceanic Airways
London Heathrow Based
World 3
ID: 13705

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 07:06:32 pm
Nowadays, there is a penalty. One of the other players will help me explain it better.
BTW, welcome to the game!
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 07:07:43 pm
Careful! This game is addictive! :lol:

Yes, you can return a leased plane at anytime. No penalties. "999" or "9,999" is just a quick way of saying "keep it until the end of the world or until you feel like returning it, whatever comes first."

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 07:15:05 pm
Just to add...

There will eventually be penalties for returning a leased plane early, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

grandoceanic

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 07:30:16 pm
Thanks for the quick responses!  I know, its very addictive I'm (supposed to be) studying for the bar exam right now but have a few weeks before my new job starts...and I know what's going to be filling my free time until then.   :D
rand Oceanic Airways
London Heathrow Based
World 3
ID: 13705

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 11:00:27 pm
To continue this thread can a company that leased you the aircraft take it back while its leased?
I signed a 999 lease at a good rate and was wondering if the leasing company could break the lease and release it at a higher rate?

this would ruin me since I put all my captial into developing routes for this plane.

Zero-G

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 11:09:29 pm
No - not at all.
Once you pick up a lease, the only way it can be returned is if you send it back - or the time of the lease comes to termination.
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 03:05:05 am
That'ss why it's not a good idea to lease out planes fro 9999 months (You can keep it until 10 years old and the airline who lease your planes will suffer from high maint. cost ) :cry:

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

MvH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 12:47:02 pm
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"
That'ss why it's not a good idea to lease out planes fro 9999 months (You can keep it until 10 years old and the airline who lease your planes will suffer from high maint. cost ) :cry:

That's why I lease out my planes for a max of 12 months  :wink:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk