Airline Mogul Forum

Leasing Aircraft

vikramv1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 19, 2008, 04:15:57 am
In the lease market, it says you can lease aircraft for x months at a particular rate. Is the rate payable per month? Or is it for the lifetime of the lease as a one time payment? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am less than a week old in theis game

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 04:36:25 am
Per month, which is 24 hrs real time....  all months are 24 days... you only pay fuel, the person you leased it from pays the MX fees.  you can return the leased A/C at any time, the lessor cannot otherwise get it back till the agreement ends unless you terminate early.

don't pay to much... cash is taken right away, then beginning of each month.

Zero-G

vikramv1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 04:51:42 am
With a 18 seater EMB 110, as a starting aircraft, you barely eak out a profit... Where do we get 1 mil per month for a 30 seater.. I feel that the prices are a little unrealistic on the higher side...It feels really tough to even get a second aircraft looking at the profit reports for a 18 seater, when a 10 seater for example has a higher lease than the profit it could potentially earn....

Would like someone's thoughts on this...Also, isnt there a credit facility that is available?

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 05:04:51 am
you have to jump on the good deals, it took me a few days in the begining to get some decent leases, I'd drop the bad ones and bring on a new one each time till I got lucky.  

I notice the good leases go quick near the beginning of each hour usally 10 mins past that are posted and by 15 past they are gone, its 4 past now so good luck....

zkvac

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • granturismoworld.piczo.com
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 05:16:31 am
Quote from: "vikramv1"
With a 18 seater EMB 110, as a starting aircraft, you barely eak out a profit... Where do we get 1 mil per month for a 30 seater.. I feel that the prices are a little unrealistic on the higher side...It feels really tough to even get a second aircraft looking at the profit reports for a 18 seater, when a 10 seater for example has a higher lease than the profit it could potentially earn....

Would like someone's thoughts on this...Also, isnt there a credit facility that is available?

Are you serious? I was earning about €900,000 when I started with my EMB. Just try man..
Public World #2119 - VincentAir (Australasia)

vikramv1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 05:25:05 am
900K is the revenue... what abt NEttt profit... PM'ed you anyways... Thanks for the help in advance...

vikramv1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 05:29:27 am
I eek out 100K per month in nett proft.......

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 05:36:26 am
1.  shorter the flight the better, if you bought a gate far away get rid of it. "for now"
2.  go to mid size citys, since its small it will fill up no sense spending 350,000 a month on a gate for a 19 pax plane "YET"
3. do only 1 leg or 1.5 no more per city and go to as many citys as you can till the plane is maxed,
4.  you can go into nevative Cash buying the gates, but make sure the meet rule 1, you wont be able to lease till your +
5.  when the clock rolls over to tomorrow things will look bettter...

Zero-G
remember DOP is your daily operating profit not monthly...

vikramv1

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 09:17:32 am
Cool, I got the trick... thanks a lot...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk