Airline Mogul Forum

Broker deal question

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 21, 2008, 06:19:42 am
I know there is a broker thread section, BUT this is a question not a request.

when you click the "aircraft market" then click "Broker requests" and see an offer are you prepaying a % for that aircraft that will be delivered to you?  

Problem is I never used it b4, I saw a SE 210 Super offered, I clicked it pre paid, waited 27 hrs and now the broker said that it was not my plane...

Why would anyone want to do this for no profit?  or did I stumble into a newbie trap?  

IF SO how do I buy from a borker, where is the request button, I've been PM'n and requestiong for 2 days in game and out...  

Zero-G

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 07:19:56 am
Quote from: "Zero-G"
I know there is a broker thread section, BUT this is a question not a request.

Correct. The Aircraft Market section is for selling or requesting planes, the General Chat if for doubts such as this one.

when you click the "aircraft market" then click "Broker requests" and see an offer are you prepaying a % for that aircraft that will be delivered to you?

Under Broker Requests you'll see planes that other players are requesting for themselves. Not for you. If you take one of those requests, you'll be buying a plane for the other player.

You should read the game manual or search for one of the existing threads explaining how this brokerage thingy works. But, in short, it goes like this:

If you accept a request, the original player will have already payed for 35% of the aircraft value (including "markup"). You pay the rest and the order is placed with the manufacturer. Once the plane is delivered, it belongs to you but is automatically offered for sale to the other player, for 65% of its value. Only if the requester does not buy the plane from you after 3 days do you actually get to keep it.

Problem is I never used it b4, I saw a SE 210 Super offered, I clicked it pre paid, waited 27 hrs and now the broker said that it was not my plane...

I'm affraid this is correct. By taking the request you agreed to buy the plane for someone else.

Why would anyone want to do this for no profit?  or did I stumble into a newbie trap?

Four reasons:

1) The request includes a positive "markup." This is the margin the broker gets to keep as profit.

2) An official broker gets a discount from the manufacturer (I believe it is 15% or something like that). So, he will make a profit even if the requester offers no markup.

3) There is a slight change the requester will not take the plane. In this case, the broker gets to keep a brand new aircraft for which he payed only 65%.

4) Some players don't mind helping others.

IF SO how do I buy from a borker, where is the request button, I've been PM'n and requestiong for 2 days in game and out...  

Go to Aircraft - View & Buy. To the right you'll have two boxes. The first ("Purchase Aircraft") if for ordering planes directly from the manufacturer. The second ("Request Aircraft") is the one to place a request. If you want someone to broker an aircraft for you, this second box is the one you use.

Zero-G

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 08:18:18 am
I think that answer should go on Wiki.... I completely understand what happened after reading your reply!  thankyou... I guess I helped someone out...  of course it cost me 10 million in leases I thought I was going to get ou from under... DOH...

Zero-G

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:38:24 pm
I think the concept is on the wiki, if someone would read it....
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk