Airline Mogul Forum

Screwing routes on a Base.

fenati2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 21, 2008, 05:29:36 pm
Hello! 1st topic here :)

I have a base on frankfurt, and there is a guy there who is screwing every route with $30, $40 fares, mostly with only one frequency. I mean, everyone is still at $170, 180 fares, and this guy is dumping the prices with no aparent reason. so everybody has to go down from like, 220$ to 130$ for example, to compete for a 100% loadfactor.

So before i start thinking he is an asshole, what would be the explanation for that? does anybody know? is he trying to low down the fares to get 100% loadfactor without having to edit them every day? but even though, he is definetly having a negative profit on most of them... i dont get it!

thanks!
:)
enair - Connecting Europe Smartly

Fleur-de-Lis

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 05:39:25 pm
Get used to it.
This is a free game, open to the general public.
We are all hostages to such behavior.

Don't underestimate how stupid, inept, and malicious the human race has evolved.

Welcome to the game.
:)
Asylum Freight

ID: 11045

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 05:42:33 pm
Hello and welcome.

There is one "sticky" on this forum about €1 routes. What you're describing is slightly different but you should still browse through that topic as it may still apply.

Now, my take on possible explanations:

* He/She is using big planes;

* She/It is role playing as a LCC;

* It/He has better things to do than edit routes every 5 minutes;

* He/They are really bored and decided to have some fun or try something different;

* She/he realized this is a game, there are no real jobs at stake, and decided to experiment;

* He/it decided not to charge the poor customers far more than the service is worth.

fenati2

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:41:50 pm
He is using the same aircraft type as myself - 767/A300 737/MD81 and 747s

yea he can be role playing but has he realized he might be screwing everyone's routes? =/

thanks for the reply
enair - Connecting Europe Smartly

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 07:30:31 pm
Look, every week there is a thread about this and always come down to this:

- It's not against the game rules
- Even LCC's do this occasionally
- We cant do anything about it, and probably so cant you as its not illegal

AndyC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 07:30:47 pm
Is he running at least 6 freq on all of his routes?

He invaded one of my bases too  :P
img]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6280/ewaysyj4.jpg[/img]

Wiseman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 10:53:45 am
Come on... if you go for realism, you should at least fly FRA-CDG 10 times a day (not for the profitable case in this game).

Even in real world, Garuda Indonesia alone flies CGK-SUB 14 times a day. Add Lion Air and Mandala, both of them flies 8 times a day. However in this game, i have to stick with profitable settings in order to grow big.
y Airline is: Star Air Indonesia (W4)
My Aim is: Creating a real-world like airline with reasonable flight frequencies and rational aircraft type of fleet, by not necessarily hogging the game's nature/bugs/lacking.

Cheung Airlines

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 11:08:53 am
Quote from: "Wiseman"
Come on... if you go for realism, you should at least fly FRA-CDG 10 times a day (not for the profitable case in this game).

Even in real world, Garuda Indonesia alone flies CGK-SUB 14 times a day. Add Lion Air and Mandala, both of them flies 8 times a day. However in this game, i have to stick with profitable settings in order to grow big.

How about Southwest alone flies SFO - LAX 23 times a day with their boeing 737, while few of our players flies more than 3 times a day?

My ID: |||||||||  - ||||||||||||||||
             A M ID:  1  02 5   2    (0)

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 04:10:08 pm
most of my bases are invaded:(
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

AndyC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 11:51:15 pm
Erm, this isn't real life, may I point out, and it's not economical or sensible to fly 1 route 8 times.  :roll:
img]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6280/ewaysyj4.jpg[/img]

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 03:00:10 am
Quote from: "Cheung Airlines"
Quote from: "Wiseman"

How about Southwest alone flies SFO - LAX 23 times a day with their boeing 737, while few of our players flies more than 3 times a day?

Yeah, but I have a hard time believing that all 23 planes push back completely full.

I've said this before, but this isn't an economic simulation. This is a finger reflex game. It's about who can dump planes the fastest and change prices the fastest. A real economic simulation would require you to know something about economics.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Dora

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 08:06:09 pm
There is an airline using 747s and fly them to Chengdu, China at one euro. May be they are charity flights for earthquake relief. :oops:
Doraemon Airlines (id 849)

scottj63

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 09:20:49 pm
I might be in my 40's and living in a 3rd world country and therefore out of the loop, but I believe the word for that behaviour is "griefing" if what i read is correct about being an ass in a mmo game. true, some players do roleplay and price wars might happen due to it, but it doesnt sound like that is the case here (laughing), not if every route they have is going at 30$ a flight.

scott in the philippines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk