B) Phase out
13 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: April 10, 2008, 02:17:16 pm

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 04:30:23 am
I am doing something different on here.  I am buying boat loads of smaller aircraft to grow rapidly, so that I can build up enough revenue for 737 and 727-sized aircraft.  For example, I had enough for a Fokker F28, but I purchased 4 F27-500s instead.  22m for a 65-seater, versus 24m for four aircraft with 40 seats each...

When I have enough cash for those larger jet aircraft, and when I put those on routes, they will be used on routes like PIT-EWR, PHL, ORD, ATL, etc, and the smaller aircraft being replaced will be reassigned to smaller destinations.  So pretty much, I will do a combination of expanding and phasing out.

Also, I am going to wait until my DOP is at least 7 million before I open a second base.
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

suntoucher

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 06:40:30 am
That's probably the most logical plan, I use it myself but the waiting for a high DOP for a new base is the one flaw I think. I'm in world 1 with a DoP of 2mil. I think it's definately time to open a new base as I'm currently paying 7.5mil in gate fees. Now if a new base costs 15mil. Rather than rent another 7.5mil in gates per month to create the same amount of flights. You can pay 15mil one off and then use each gate twice, and only end up paying 7.5mil a month as opposed to 15 mil a month. So it pays itself off for the same routes after just 2months.
img]http://www.freewebs.com/originalsuntoucher/70s%20logo.jpg[/img]
Suntoucher Incorporated - Flying into bright lights since 1954.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk