Airline Mogul Forum

Broken routes, multiple aircraft

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 25, 2008, 09:37:57 pm
ID: Aircraft 17117
Type: disconnected routes.
Description: I was in the process of swapping out HS-748E's with 737-200's and several aircraft seem to teleport to another hub.  This is the fourth aircraft I've found in the last hour and I'll leave this plane on it's routes for now so you can see the route map.  PM me in game when you're done so I can swap out the aircraft.  
Airline Details: Dodo Air - 8829
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:40:47 pm
Another one:

ID: 29921
Type: broken routes
Description: I was in the process of swapping out HS-748E's with 737-200's and several aircraft seem to teleport to another hub. This is the fifth aircraft I've found in the last hour and I'll leave this plane on it's routes for now so you can see the route map. PM me in game when you're done so I can swap out the aircraft.

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 09:41:37 pm
ID: Aircraft 29922
Description: I was in the process of swapping out HS-748E's with 737-200's and several aircraft seem to teleport to another hub. This is the sixth aircraft I've found in the last hour and I'll leave this plane on it's routes for now so you can see the route map. PM me in game when you're done so I can swap out the aircraft.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 07:30:27 am
I am attempting to work out with Balint an improvement to the close route code which will increase the point at which potential breaks may happen.  the problem is the logic at the moment is smart enough to check for certain situations, however after a certain point it can be prone to allowing an illogical route closure.  While it's better then no check, it's still far from what we'd like... i just haven't pulled off the formulaic creativity to achieve such results both quickly and reasonably effectively.  I know how I can do it with a "brute force" method... but that's likely to cause some relatively serious lag in the scripts.  Especially if the airplane is on a lot of small hops [as many early-game planes are].

As always, balancing the powers of efficiency and effectiveness... is unfortunately not always an easy task. :(
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 07:36:48 am
Ew...  That sounds like too much work. :)

I'm going to go ahead and close those routes out tomorrow then unless you want me to leave them open so you can trouble shoot.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 10:47:41 pm
Nah, go ahead and close 'em. I know the point at which it can be broken, so troubleshooting isn't hard with the test server.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 05:41:19 am
HUGE gap this time around...  About 440 miles I think....

ID: Aircraft 1133
Description: I was in the process of swapping planes and saw the ATL-ORD leg broken.  I haven't noticed it on many other planes yet.  I know there is a short range tolerance but this one is huge.  
Airline Details: Urgunadia Virgin - 8829

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk