Airline Mogul Forum

My profit has increased (for seemingly no reason)

siamsky

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 06, 2008, 03:14:36 pm
Not sure if this should got to "Bugs" so if it´s not appropriate please move.

As the title says, my income has increased by a few thou`since the month rollover; not something I´ll complain about  :)  but I´d like to understand WHY.
The few routes I have had a load factor of 100% before and they are still at 100% now. I did not edit the fares (nor any other charges). I only have one competitor each on only two of the routes and their fares haven´t changed, either.
My understanding is: revenue at 100% = number of seats * ticket fare; so if none of these factors change, there shouldn´t be a change in revenue, right?
Note I haven´t set an food or drink prices yet so there is no influence.

Second, I notice a slight discrepancy between the summary of routes income and the DOP displayed in the top right corner. The DOP display shows a few thousand more.
OK, and on top of that, when I check the Finance screen and divide the "Ticket Revenue To Date (This month)" by the number of game days in this month I get a different figure again! Another 9,000 more than the DOP figure.

Again, I may have a wrong understanding of the figures so please educate me

:D

My Airline ID is 5097

Cheers

Uwe
Siam SKY

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 05:08:06 am
hmm... regarding the numbers not lining up properly, i'll look into that when i wake up.  regarding the DoP changing from month to month, fuel prices now fluctuate more frequently (monthly instead of yearly) thereby this is more prone to happen. that is not a bug.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk