Airline Mogul Forum

Help with making money.

SkinnyRabbit

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: March 12, 2008, 06:03:25 am
Does anyone know extremely good way of making money, i mean all my mates started same time as me but they are making money like mad wheras i am in the low rate of D.O.P, can anyone let me in on a few secrets and tell me?

Stuff like leasing brokering etc.
Just good ways to make money

~~~Skinny~~~

travismb99

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:55:05 am
Have you carefully optimized your route network, getting the most out of every plane you have?

Are you charging for food and bevs? Especially as a startup, this money can make a real difference.

What's your hub situation like? If your mates are at less-competitive bases, they might have less competition and hence be able to make more profit on their routes.

Don't bother leasing out your planes or brokering if you're looking to raise money; the quickest way to get money is to buy planes and put them into service.

Also, don't save up for days trying to get a 737 or other big plane... instead, buy more smaller planes like Fairchild-Hiller FH-227s or Fokker F28-3000s. While you're sitting and saving, other airlines are launching more new routes and building their DOP quickly.
acific Southwest Airlines - W10 - Catch our smile - ICAO:PS/#8304

Coll_alliance

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:15:07 am
does the food and bev discourage people if you set them too high?

travismb99

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 08:25:40 am
Yes. There's a breakpoint you'll find through price-checking, at which your revenue starts to drop. It's around 30 euros, in my experience, for food.
acific Southwest Airlines - W10 - Catch our smile - ICAO:PS/#8304

FlyBlueAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 12:37:17 pm
My advise is to buy a bunch of Argosy 671 Commuter planes. If you route them good they make almost half a mil per day profit each. Not bad for a plane of just 15mil.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 01:34:38 pm
Quote from: "FlyBlueAir"
My advise is to buy a bunch of Argosy 671 Commuter planes. If you route them good they make almost half a mil per day profit each. Not bad for a plane of just 15mil.

Its actually better than the caravelle.. mine makes 800k on domestic routes.

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 04:14:20 pm
Wow -- considerably better than what my Shorts 360s made (average of 200k).  Someone told me the same thing (this person is based in the Caribbean and is one of the largest airlines down there).  Buy smaller planes, use them to the MAX! (at most, my planes have 1 hour of availability left).  I actually tried to build up DOP, then let it go for a little while to save up for bigger planes.  As someone pointed out, your competition will leave you in their dust if you just coast for a while.  That likely happened to me in previous rounds.  Not to mention, I had one plane flying 2+ frequencies to only 2 or 3 cities.  This round I adopted the 1x frequency approach and I have to say that my DOP is at least double what it would have been otherwise.  I am able to fly to way more destinations and make far more money...
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk