Airline Mogul Forum

4 BAe's already? How is that possible?

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 05:38:42 pm
Ah another broker bashing thread, i love it....

We have it harder than you guys, end of. Don't try and kid yourself telling everyone that we are gods gift and get stuff given to us willy nilly because we dont.

And all the scraps i've had so far have gone straight onto other players so...

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 05:43:23 pm
We can't even rent gates at homebase (or any airport where we already have gates) when we are in negative. I have run out of slots at my base. All aircrafts have to be thrown into brokerage business or let sit idle. This is an insurance policy to prevent us from "immoral" behaviors. Fair enough?

Now I have to dig myself out of the -50+ million hole... :cry:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 05:43:47 pm
Quote from: "Hampo"
Ah another broker bashing thread, i love it....

We have it harder than you guys, end of. Don't try and kid yourself telling everyone that we are gods gift and get stuff given to us willy nilly because we dont.

And all the scraps i've had so far have gone straight onto other players so...

We're not bashing, per se. You, for example, have said you're not going to be playing (as an airline and broker, I assume) this round. Yet, you still receive scraps. Will you lease out the scraps you get? If so, great. If not, then there should be a way for you not to receive scraps.

For other brokers who are playing solely as an airline this round, then they should not receive scraps, as well. If that's the case, then Skylite and D Express will be in debt all three years! :lol:

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 05:45:17 pm
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
If that's the case, then Skylite and D Express will be in debt all three years! :lol:

Nah... we would just stop deleting cheaters and let you all suffer :P
D Express (id 616) 8)

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 05:52:06 pm
We try to provide you a service by getting scraps and getting them onto the market but some of you cannot see that obviously

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 06:04:47 pm
Quote from: "Hampo"
We try to provide you a service by getting scraps and getting them onto the market but some of you cannot see that obviously

But the question still remains... will you be logging in on a regular basis to lease out the scraps you receive?

Like I said above, if you're going to be playing the game as a player/broker, I have Z.E.R.O. issues with you receiving scraps and using them towards your own airline. However, as one broker has mentioned, he will be playing only as a player and not a broker. I believe scraps should not go to him. You are not playing as an airline (that's fine), but you aren't going to accept brokerage orders for this round (that's fine, too) and you seem to be doling out scraps for lease.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 06:20:53 pm
I will be logging on to get rid of my scraps...

This is a very short round and i doubt ANY broker will fully open this round

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 06:27:12 pm

Like I said above, if you're going to be playing the game as a player/broker, I have Z.E.R.O. issues with you receiving scraps and using them towards your own airline. However, as one broker has mentioned, he will be playing only as a player and not a broker. I believe scraps should not go to him. You are not playing as an airline (that's fine), but you aren't going to accept brokerage orders for this round (that's fine, too) and you seem to be doling out scraps for lease.

Just like last round, I've put most of my scraps straight on the used market.

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 07:25:47 pm
But do you make money when you sell scraps at 50%, or lease them out at minimums? Leasing, yes, in the long run, selling I don't know as I have no idea what you have to pay for scraps. Still I think you get an unfair advantage if you are not doing a proper brokerage this round.
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 07:32:33 pm
I can't sell anything yet. No airline has the money to buy airplanes off me. Leasing them out means I have to pay maintenance costs on them, I lose money on them and I lose even more money on them. Including the new bunch of scraps I'm about to lease out, I'm at -30M and 10 of my BAe's are leased out, 3 are in service.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 07:39:59 pm
-55 mil here, 5 leased out, 3 in service, 6 to be leased out (I have lease inquiries coming in, but yet to be sorted~)
D Express (id 616) 8)

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 02:27:53 am
Quote from: "dktc"
If that's the case, then Skylite and D Express will be in debt all three years! :lol:

Nah... we would just stop deleting cheaters and let you all suffer :P

in dktc's eyes, everybody's a cheater. :lol:  You gotta love that

Anyway, the brokers do have it hard.  Tell us again Hampo how many scrapped B99's last round Stephen had to point his magic wand at and go POOF?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 02:35:23 am
Quote from: "nwaboy"
in dktc's eyes, everybody's a cheater. :lol:  You gotta love that

It has nothing to do with my admin power. It is my pessimistic and sarcarstic nature. :lol:
D Express (id 616) 8)

Wolfhound

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 05:16:17 am
Quote from: "sla31"
Quote from: "travismb99"
The brokers won't be a factor in the rankings later on as they focus on aircraft sales - and it's good that they develop profits as quickly as possible, because the faster they get cash, the faster they can start brokering aircraft for us.

Patience.

Yeah, someone finally understands. :D  :D  :D

It might look good right now, but I'm €30,000,000 in debt because of those planes, and do you know how long it will take to make that up.

Excellent.  I was slightly confused by what I read in this thread, as I was told by some brokers that they were sitting out this round and were working to build up an airline without any brokering!  I am glad they'll be back in the aircraft broker business soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk