Airline Mogul Forum

neverending leases?

ealvarez

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 28, 2008, 10:17:45 pm
whats with the 1000 month leases. doesnt the simulation just run for a few months (real time) and resets?

i cant see the advantage of doing a never ending lease. the leaser never gets back the aircraft, and on the lessee's side he/she is stuck with a never ending bill. better have a good route system otherwise that bill is just gonna keep coming every month, what happens if for whatever reason you end up in the red?! hope you develop a good relationship with the leaser so he/she will let you off the hook  :lol:

ive got several leases out and in but i cant see myself doing any for that kinda time period  :lol: well okay if its a boeing or something like that and im making a ton of money that the lease becomes a mute point then ok lol
rnesto Alvarez
Bayside Air

empedocles

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:21:03 pm
Lease time doesn't matter, as a leased aircraft can be returned at any time with no penalty. So people put in high numbers for the heck of it.

Basically, unless there is some side deal arranged (like in some of the lease-to-purchase schemes floating around), the leasee determines the length of lease.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:21:45 pm
Quote from: "ealvarez"
whats with the 1000 month leases. doesnt the simulation just run for a few months (real time) and resets?

i cant see the advantage of doing a never ending lease. the leaser never gets back the aircraft, and on the lessee's side he/she is stuck with a never ending bill. better have a good route system otherwise that bill is just gonna keep coming every month, what happens if for whatever reason you end up in the red?! hope you develop a good relationship with the leaser so he/she will let you off the hook  :lol:

ive got several leases out and in but i cant see myself doing any for that kinda time period  :lol: well okay if its a boeing or something like that and im making a ton of money that the lease becomes a mute point then ok lol

I sometimes purchase aircraft specifically to lease out.  With no penalty for an early return, I always offer neverending leases.  That way the lessee never finds their routes terminated by an a/c that has been returned.  Plus the continous revenue stream is a postive for my operation....

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk