22 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: February 20, 2008, 04:34:42 pm

MvH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 03:57:20 pm
Quote from: "ChinaPacific"
I ALREADY GIVE UP TO EXPAND MY AIRLINES.

My airline doesn't exist anymore. I allready closed all my routes, sold my planes and returned my gates  :lol:

FlatulAir

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 04:29:02 pm
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
I try to fly things more realistically, so you'll see logical fleet and route choices from me (thus meaning you won't see a Tu-114 flying from Koltsovo/Vnukovo/Osnova to Gomel or Zielona Gora, but rather something more like a AN-24V or Tu-134 base version for VKO/Koltsovo and a L-410 from HRK to those two airports.) Devaluation of routes will happen reguardless how many years the round is.  Perhaps when runway restrictions finally get figured out, you'll see lower chances of routes getting A300s and 737-200s on them.

I'm a noob; but that's my experience too.  Many guys who are most improbably shifting to large planes like a 732 on some tiny routes that have squashed my more 'realistic' gauge flights in South America (which, since I'm into eastern aircraft, were AN-24s and Tu-124s / Tu134s too).  

And, lately some people, one guy (*a certain airline*) in particular, are setting up tiny airports with 3x frequency Caravelle service, with a fare of like 5.  Deliberately killing the route and not making any money himself. This is some sort of rivalry that the guy has with another airline or two; but its very childish behavior.  I can't serve like 30 airports in Colombia from Bogotá because these idiots are putting 737s at fares of < 20 on routes that aren't even commercially served to this day because the airports are so small.  As added damage, they eat up all the spare gates with unprofitable flights.

It's not competition, because the 'competitor' is not trying to make any money, he's trying to ruin it for other people.  Aggravating.

Anyway, I would second the runway business being worked out, that might have a leveling-the-playing-field effect and make it more 'realistic'.

*edited by dktc: please don't accuse your fellow players in public*

TexasAirways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 23, 2008, 12:52:42 am
I have two questions concerning the upcoming reset:

1) Will the city data (population, rent amount, etc.) and already-existing aircraft data (range, speed, etc.) remain the same as this round?

2) Will there be a pause between rounds or does the game automatically begin in the new year just as it were simply starting a new month?

Thanks.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 23, 2008, 01:04:34 am
Quote from: "TexasAirways"
I have two questions concerning the upcoming reset:

1) Will the city data (population, rent amount, etc.) and already-existing aircraft data (range, speed, etc.) remain the same as this round?

2) Will there be a pause between rounds or does the game automatically begin in the new year just as it were simply starting a new month?

Thanks.

1) The city pax should remain unchanged (except for updates), but the gate rents could change according to the updated pax (which were updated during this round).
The data for the aircrafts should remain unchange, except for some not so accurate data that will be updated. The prices could change, with the updates and/or a whole shift of prices for all aircrafts. The planes being offered will be different, depending on the time period of the coming round.

2) There will be a pause (of unknown, and yet to be decided length of time) between the round. There would probably be a period that the clock would not tick and just let players set up their airlines as well. And touch wood, we might even have to restart (seeing we have had that need for the past two round :cry: ) after the first reset, and reset again in a couple of days due to some bugs or security issues, but we are trying to not let that happen. We will see.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

beirut785

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: February 23, 2008, 01:37:49 pm
Quote from: "FlatulAir"
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
I try to fly things more realistically, so you'll see logical fleet and route choices from me (thus meaning you won't see a Tu-114 flying from Koltsovo/Vnukovo/Osnova to Gomel or Zielona Gora, but rather something more like a AN-24V or Tu-134 base version for VKO/Koltsovo and a L-410 from HRK to those two airports.) Devaluation of routes will happen reguardless how many years the round is.  Perhaps when runway restrictions finally get figured out, you'll see lower chances of routes getting A300s and 737-200s on them.

I'm a noob; but that's my experience too.  Many guys who are most improbably shifting to large planes like a 732 on some tiny routes that have squashed my more 'realistic' gauge flights in South America (which, since I'm into eastern aircraft, were AN-24s and Tu-124s / Tu134s too).  

And, lately some people, one guy (*a certain airline*) in particular, are setting up tiny airports with 3x frequency Caravelle service, with a fare of like 5.  Deliberately killing the route and not making any money himself. This is some sort of rivalry that the guy has with another airline or two; but its very childish behavior.  I can't serve like 30 airports in Colombia from Bogotá because these idiots are putting 737s at fares of < 20 on routes that aren't even commercially served to this day because the airports are so small.  As added damage, they eat up all the spare gates with unprofitable flights.

It's not competition, because the 'competitor' is not trying to make any money, he's trying to ruin it for other people.  Aggravating.

Anyway, I would second the runway business being worked out, that might have a leveling-the-playing-field effect and make it more 'realistic'.

*edited by dktc: please don't accuse your fellow players in public*

I TOTALLY Agree with u its so upsetting i mean i had to give up so many routes coz of this "certain airline" and behavour but then i decided to keep the routes even if i am losing on most of them and most of the short routes !!!! i mean whats the point?!!?!

i can understand y he is doing that instead of killing the small/medium airlines y doesnt he compete with some1 his size or probably he is just a kid
URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]
The Airline Of Colombia

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 23, 2008, 01:43:27 pm
in response to the reset, I have scrapped 95% of my planes and created a worldwide service which includes extremely low prices on the routes and a x8 service with a 707 on the LHR-FRA route which is only giving me 1k :P

What a airline route map should look like :P
http://airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=679

feel free to spam my airline :P

MvH

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: February 23, 2008, 02:43:12 pm
Quote from: "beirut785"
probably he is just a kid

That's the biggest problem. To many kids are playing this game. An the only thing they want, is flying the biggest aircraft with a 100% LF.  :evil:

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: February 23, 2008, 03:15:54 pm
@IranAir I feel sorry for your alliance  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk