Airline Mogul Forum

Growing like crazy but my value is idle

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 11, 2008, 09:49:10 pm
How is an airline's value calculated?  

I've built two terminals, added about 60 planes and grown from 100k pax to 325k pax in the past 96 hours but my value has only grown about 2.5B to 15.5.  I have more planes, more gates and more pax than a lot of players ranking above me but they grow a few hundred million a day while I grow about 6 euro.  

What am I missing or doing wrong?
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 09:59:53 pm
value is (value of gate rented+built) + (value of planes, book) + (value of cash in brkr deposits) + cash on hand.  If you are XYZ above those higher, but use a lot of small cheap old planes to achieve it whereas they use say 747s and other large expensive they may have a higher value [more expensive assets] while some level of lower efficiency.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

DAK

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 10:01:31 pm
You are doing everything right, as long as your DOP is increasing so your value will too. It takes time. Spending cash on aircarft will not accelerate your value, DOP does. Catching players is not easy especially those that increase their DOP at the same rate as you are.

Dak

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 10:33:33 pm
Hmm, that could partly be it then.  About half of my 737's were bought used because I was bored and wanted to build routes rather than wait a day.  Maybe I should lease next time around.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 12:48:29 pm
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
Hmm, that could partly be it then.  About half of my 737's were bought used because I was bored and wanted to build routes rather than wait a day.  Maybe I should lease next time around.

Wouldn't your airline value be less if you leased planes versus purchasing them, or are leasing costs less than the maintenance costs for maintaining planes that you own, which in turn would make an airline more valuable?  8)

Dooskie III

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 12:50:27 pm
Quote from: "Dooskie III"

Wouldn't your airline value be less if you leased planes versus purchasing them, or are leasing costs less than the maintenance costs for maintaining planes that you own, which in turn would make an airline more valuable?  8)

I just re-read what I wrote. I need coffee....especially if I'm going to maintain my place on 'the list' 8)

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:11:53 pm
Quote from: "Dooskie III"

This round I am not a fan of leasing unless I need to hold a gate. Last round I leased like a mad man and always found myself in the hole. This round I've only leased a couple times but everything is bought and paid for and I find it much easier that way.
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk