Airline Mogul Forum

When Will there be cargo?

a1b23

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 17, 2008, 08:48:59 pm
First when is cargo comming? Second, when there is cargo will most likely be less people doing pax, so i say at the beging you have to choose to do only cargo or only pax
1b23

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:07:27 pm
Moved to General Chat.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:10:21 pm
Quote from: "a1b23"
First when is cargo comming? Second, when there is cargo will most likely be less people doing pax, so i say at the beging you have to choose to do only cargo or only pax

Why would you have to choose?
Korean, JAL, Air China etc etc are doing both IRL. KLM are very fond of the combo 747 (been on a bunch of those myself)...
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 10:39:19 pm
I think being given the option to do only cargo, only pax or both would be really great.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 10:40:46 pm
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
I think being given the option to do only cargo, only pax or both would be really great.

ie. no need to sort out the airlines~
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

a1b23

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 12:06:10 am
but less competition would mean slower saturation at a lot of airports while more at a few others
1b23

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 01:49:33 am

That's rather pointless.  If you wanted to be cargo only, just dont create passenger flights, and vice versa. ;)

a1b23

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 02:06:57 am
Quote from: "nwaboy"

That's rather pointless.  If you wanted to be cargo only, just dont create passenger flights, and vice versa. ;)

The whole point of separating them, is to prevent them completely for the entire round form doing both
1b23

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 03:03:32 am
Quote from: "a1b23"
Quote from: "nwaboy"

The whole point of separating them, is to prevent them completely for the entire round form doing both

But that would also be pointless, as even airines in the real world run cargo on their pax aircraft. In most cases, its a bit of air mail, others its other things that the airline has been assigned to fly out, like speicalized cargo and even deceased people. Granted, it is nothing huge, but it is still cargo.

I'm not going to be negative when I say this, but insted of bickering on about how saturated the game is, how about you rethink how you play the game. Looking at your airline, it feels like you only work on Longhauls to airports that don't have gates insted of focusing on those regional/domestic flights more, and when I say regionals, I mean flights to those airports with less than 1 mil. Just compare the networks of airlines that are on the first page and those on the 2nd and 3rd, you'll see that those on the first page of the rankings have a pretty large balance of shoreter routes, where those airlines focusing on flying only 737s and long haulers are way back there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk