This is Insanity

a1b23 · 23 · 4433

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 10:15:01 am
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
just as an advice: Try it just after daychange!

If he is really located in Montreal he will have to get up early. :roll:

Heck I'm in Cincinnati and thanks to working out of the house coupled with clinical insomnia (mixed with a little clinical OCD thanks to this effin' game) I've managed to snag gates at every 250k and larger airport in Europe except Vienna.  I only started the game in February 1971 and think I've got some decent gates all things considered though this is my first ever round of AM - I'm still learning the in's and out's.  (Dodo Air if you really care.)

The daily rollover really is the way to go, but do your research.  The way I got LHR, MAD, FRA and CDG was I viewed the airport earlier that day and looked for gate utilization.  If someone has 10 gates but >90% utilization that means that maybe one gate would be opening up that night.  Knowing that the rollover is about 4 minutes past the hour I just hit refresh at 4:04AM and grabbed three of them in one night.  Four night ago I picked up 10 gates this way while trying to expand my TATL routes.
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 10:31:42 am
Quote from: "waerth"

Oh on routes in Asia it is not the noobs who do that but the players with "old" id numbers .......
Noob Waerth

Then it's a competitive measure, but when a 8600+ member adds 8 freq with a 737-200ADV to a 3K pax airport that I am the only operator at, it's not about competition, that's stupid...
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 11:06:58 am
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
The daily rollover really is the way to go, but do your research.  The way I got LHR, MAD, FRA and CDG was I viewed the airport earlier that day and looked for gate utilization.  If someone has 10 gates but >90% utilization that means that maybe one gate would be opening up that night.

Another way to go may be to look at players that have over 25 gates (a terminal) and are growing fast. I know that, on those nights when I spend hours on end creating new routes (and extending terminals at up to >3M per gate :shock: ) I'm forced to release lots of gates. Breaks my heart to let them go. :cry:

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 01:11:18 pm
Quote from: "Thanks_for_the_upgrade"
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
just as an advice: Try it just after daychange!

If he is really located in Montreal he will have to get up early. :roll:

Heck I'm in Cincinnati and thanks to working out of the house coupled with clinical insomnia (mixed with a little clinical OCD thanks to this effin' game) I've managed to snag gates at every 250k and larger airport in Europe except Vienna.  I only started the game in February 1971 and think I've got some decent gates all things considered though this is my first ever round of AM - I'm still learning the in's and out's.  (Dodo Air if you really care.)

Well, yes, I do agree, that month change is the way to go, but for a majority of us in the Western Hemisphere (anything past GMT +4), it comes extremly early for us this round (I'm still in bed then, you know, school stuffs), which dosn't bother me too much, since the last two rounds they were at hours when I was still awake, so I guess it's only fair to give someone on the other side of the world a chance to take advantage of the month change without having to stay up all night.

Then it's a competitive measure, but when a 8600+ member adds 8 freq with a 737-200ADV to a 3K pax airport that I am the only operator at, it's not about competition, that's stupid...

I agree with you there, most of the time they are also to quickly lease one, so a route like that for the most part will make nothing but a loss on this route after all the costs are considered. But the best I can do is try to counter it slightly with a Tu-134A (even though they have their fares so low at this point, it just makes more sense for them to just go into the negatives and eventually have the bankrupt script take care of the rest for me.)

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 03:30:46 am
Noob Waerth

:lol:

You have to type it the right way, it's
n00b Waerth

:lol:

Thanks_for_the_upgrade

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 04:31:15 am
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
Well, yes, I do agree, that month change is the way to go, but for a majority of us in the Western Hemisphere (anything past GMT +4), it comes extremly early for us this round (I'm still in bed then, you know, school stuffs), which dosn't bother me too much, since the last two rounds they were at hours when I was still awake, so I guess it's only fair to give someone on the other side of the world a chance to take advantage of the month change without having to stay up all night.

Aaaaah...  I didn't realize the flip fluctuated from round to round.  I kind of like it the way it is now...  Hardly any US players are up as late as I am grabbing gates. :)
UnderwAir [6] - Est. 1969.   (hehe, 69)

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 12:18:18 pm
This topic is insanity. What's the point of posting this anyways? :?
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

RMAirlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 01:47:29 pm
Here's my $0.02.

If you have a hub at ANY major airport, BUILD YOUR OWN GATES! You open up more, and can build like 20 gates for the price of a 737.
ly Atlantic Southeastern Airlines, your gateway to the Southeastern US and the Caribbean!
ID 8575

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk