Airline Mogul Forum

Gates Tagged for Return

brotonee

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 11, 2008, 02:29:34 am
Most of my gates are running at around 20% utilisation, but I often get some of my gates tagged for return as apparently, they aren't being used. Even a bump in the amount of frequencies using that gate or the creation of a whole new route using that gate does not fix the problem, and they remain tagged. I've had one gate forcibly returned already.

As I said, I've tried increasing the utilisation of the gates, and this does not fix the problem - what's the deal and how can I stop this from happening?

Thanks
Anthony
6: Koruconnect - NZM - Australasia - Sky World Global Alliance - No longer operational
W8: Bluebird - DJI - Australasia
Global AM ID: 8834

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 02:48:35 am
hmm... this is sounding off. if it's 20% of 1 gate... it shouldn't tag or return. if it's 20% of 2+ gates, yes. it'll tag or return.

can i get your account number so i can have a look to better understand what to look for in the backend?
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

brotonee

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 03:35:10 am
Thanks for your reply.

My airline ID is 8834, if that's what you're looking for. i've no idea where to find my account number.
6: Koruconnect - NZM - Australasia - Sky World Global Alliance - No longer operational

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 05:48:11 am
Quote from: "brotonee"
Thanks for your reply.

My airline ID is 8834, if that's what you're looking for. i've no idea where to find my account number.

that's what i was looking for, i was... really tired when i posted that. was thinking about the fact i needed to check something... anyways. i'll be looking into this shortly.

edit: oh. question two. [as these definitely shouldn't be tagged from my initial look] was the route there, to any or all of these cities, at the month change? the tags are not altered inbetween.  [it was assumed at creation to do so would make it too easy to undo their purpose... as returning then re-renting gates would solve all tag woes otherwise].  

If it's tagged at month change, then a route is created... the tag should go away at the next month change harmlessly. however if it had the route / slots in use at the month change, again, it shouldn't be tagged.  if you make and close a route in the interim [between month changes] but have no route/slots used at the ends of the month, the gate will be tagged and/or returned.

brotonee

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 09:02:05 am
I think I get what you're saying, and I honestly can't remember if it was or not.

But, the problem seems to have disappeared, so perhaps it was like you say.

Thanks for your help.

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 03:58:09 pm
Gates get tagged for return when you're absolutely not using them from my understanding.  Probably stops maniacs like me from renting all of the gates in my hub to stop competition.

Wolfhound

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 09:56:30 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
edit: oh. question two. [as these definitely shouldn't be tagged from my initial look] was the route there, to any or all of these cities, at the month change? the tags are not altered inbetween.  [it was assumed at creation to do so would make it too easy to undo their purpose... as returning then re-renting gates would solve all tag woes otherwise].

You answered my question.  I had routes tagged last night; I added a flight to the gate and the box disappeared, but when I list the gates, I still see the number one, 1, beside the formerly tagged gates.  I assume that now the gates have a flight on them, they won't disappear.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 02:01:46 am
Quote from: "Wolfhound"

You answered my question.  I had routes tagged last night; I added a flight to the gate and the box disappeared, but when I list the gates, I still see the number one, 1, beside the formerly tagged gates.  I assume that now the gates have a flight on them, they won't disappear.

Yep. the tag stays with it for 1 game month.  if you put a flight in, the tag'll evaporate at the next month change. if you make the route and close it before the month, the gate will be returned.

Wolfhound

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 05:50:24 pm
Quote from: "Wolfhound"

Yep. the tag stays with it for 1 game month.  if you put a flight in, the tag'll evaporate at the next month change. if you make the route and close it before the month, the gate will be returned.

Excellent.  Thanks for the quick response.

I have one more question: the splash page talks about the rules of the game being located in this forum.  Is there a specific place where I can find the rules?  I haven't noticed a thread that lists the rules specifically.  The only rule that seems to be codified is (i) don't have more than one 0.5 route connecting a given two airports and (b) don't set up other accounts directly or indirectly to cheat your way the game.

Is there a list of other rules?

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 07:17:12 pm
You should have a look at AM's Wiki. It's rather incomplete but still quite helpfull.

The game rules are found there: http://airlinemogul.com/manual/index.php/Game_rules

Wiki's main page is at http://airlinemogul.com/manual/index.php/Main_Page

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 08:13:29 pm
The list of game rules is available at registration page, and on login page. All you need is to go to the main game page, and click login to go to the login page and you will see a list of the game rules.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Wolfhound

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 10:05:59 am
Quote from: "dktc"
The list of game rules is available at registration page, and on login page. All you need is to go to the main game page, and click login to go to the login page and you will see a list of the game rules.

Thanks!  I have certainly read and taken notice of the rules on the registration and log in page.   I was just concerned that there were more rules somewhere that I didn't know about.  For example, rule 6 comments that changes that are made will be announced in the forum--this forum--and that it is the players' responsbility to take notice of them.  Have there been any such announcements and are they listed anywhere.   My sense is no, since I am sure it would have triggered discussion, which I didn't find!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 10:57:01 am
If there is any change, ti would be announced in forum, but the rule list would still be updated.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk