Airline Mogul Forum

DAD - Danang

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 27, 2008, 12:47:08 pm
Having just done a gate search from a new hub I'm setting up, I've found that someone has edited the data about Danang (DAD) so that passenger numbers have dropped from 2,500,000 to 605,696.  Annoying to say the least, seeing as I have a hub there. :x

However, the 'bug' here is that gate prices have remained at the £100k mark, rather than being reduced to £50k.

I'm obviously leaving Danang now, but perhaps this could be amended so that other operators are charged an appropriate gate rental fee?

Thanks.
ID: 8330

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 02:53:36 pm
AFAIK the gate prices will be adjusted upon the next reset.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 02:55:31 pm
Quote from: "jghastings"
Having just done a gate search from a new hub I'm setting up, I've found that someone has edited the data about Danang (DAD) so that passenger numbers have dropped from 2,500,000 to 605,696.  Annoying to say the least, seeing as I have a hub there. :x

However, the 'bug' here is that gate prices have remained at the £100k mark, rather than being reduced to £50k.

I'm obviously leaving Danang now, but perhaps this could be amended so that other operators are charged an appropriate gate rental fee?

Thanks.

Danang was overly inflated.

Waerth

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 03:37:31 pm
Quite possibly, but adjusting it by such a big margin mid-round seems a little unnecessary, especially if the gate prices don't go down at the same time.

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 03:55:25 pm
Mashad went from 20 mill to 4 mill.

Waerth

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 04:09:04 pm
...which I'm sure was equally as frustrating for anyone based there.

You seem to be missing my point.  It's not about whether the change at Danang was any more or less dramatic than reductions in numbers elsewhere, it's about whether these sorts of changes should be made during an active round on the game.  Given so many other things have to wait until a reset to get sorted out, why can't the passenger numbers at airports also be left unchanged until then?  This policy of updating during a round just serves to wipe out profits for some airlines whilst their competitors suffer no ill effects.

However, I am getting the impression that you cannot see how your tireless research into accurate data for airports could in any way be seen as having any sorts of negative effects, so I am going to graciously bow out of this and concentrate on replacing my Danang hub.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 04:21:31 pm
Waerth only provides the data. Its up to the AM staff to implement and it is their decision WHEN this will happen. Dont be mad with waerth. He is doing an excellent job on gathering all these data. If you had done this search BEFORE you created your hub there you would have known about it. Airlines in real life have to live with fluctuating pax numbers.

The only point I agree with you is that the gate costs should be changed, too, as they depend on pax numbers. Anyway, I am sure you also took advantage of raised pax numbers on other airports.

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 04:29:12 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Waerth only provides the data. Its up to the AM staff to implement and it is their decision WHEN this will happen. Dont be mad with waerth. He is doing an excellent job on gathering all these data. If you had done this search BEFORE you created your hub there you would have known about it. Airlines in real life have to live with fluctuating pax numbers.

The only point I agree with you is that the gate costs should be changed, too, as they depend on pax numbers. Anyway, I am sure you also took advantage of raised pax numbers on other airports.

I DID do my search before this.  The Danang hub has been there a while, but since its creation this dramatic change in passenger numbers took place. :(

In terms of the realism: fine, OK, I'm sure we could run with that argument.  However, aside from massive disasters that affect an area, any sort of economic changes that bring about a 70% drop in traffic from an airport would surely be felt elsewhere in the country or, indeed, the region.  If Danang plummets, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi would probably too. :wink:

I'm not 'mad' at anyone, but am merely trying to get across the point that there is an argument for not messing around with numbers, whether that be increasing or decreasing, so dramatically during a game round.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 04:44:38 pm
I think I would go crazy, too, if this would happen to one of my bases. I am glad that I have chosen bases in an area where many airports where submitted by myself. Dont think these numbers are fictional - they have been cross-checked by the staff.

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 06:54:01 pm
THat's the same thing that happened with Bangalore. If you update bases please do it before reset. We have invested our capitals in to create Hubs, i think it's very unfair and gate prices remain high.

So the one's benefiting are airlines that previously based in small airport but with the new data have more passengers. They get more passenger and the gate cost remains the same.
Cant' you put back the previous data and change when the round is over^?

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 07:26:14 pm
I think the data have been simply overwritten and there is no way to get them back :roll: But thats not for sure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk