Airline Mogul Forum

Dharan no traffic anymore was replaced by Damman

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 21, 2008, 02:32:44 pm
Going through the Saudi CAA statistics for 2006 I noticed no mentioning of data for:

DHA   Dhahran-King Abdul Aziz Intl

And I found out why that is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Fahd_Dhahran_Air_Terminal

It was replaced by:
DMM   Dammam - King Fahd Internation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Fahd_International_Airport

And we have both in our database. So please remove Dhahran (probably at the change of round) from the Database. Thank you.

Waerth

AzZellon

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 04:48:24 pm
At the end of the round would be wise.
b]Click![/b]

ETA of Iranair's 747 - Unknown cuz Boeing is laughing it's a** off

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 04:57:49 pm
noted.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Tomb

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 10:47:25 am
sorry dont trust the wiki entry, it was always called KAAB, one runway was civil, the other airforce but in practice either was used by both and some local flights still fly from thier plus KLM still goes thier.  Damman is the new "international airport" but us expats still prefered to nip over to bahrain, hell we prefered bahrain even when we we based at dhahran ...cant imagine why LoL, and we prefered dhahran to dammam.

damman is is the "offical" international airport but dont right off dhahran just yet.

they did get one thing right it is decidedly under used LoL,

sorry after 9 years thier i cant stop laughing...it's a long story

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 02:09:53 pm
According to the Saudi Civil Aviation Authorities there is no Commercial Air Traffic there anymore (which means scheduled air traffic). The airport simply doesn't exist according to the official government statistics when it comes to commercial air traffic.

Waerth

Tomb

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 11:03:12 pm
haahaa haa ....whoo hoo, sorry i guess you had to have lived thier... i'll always remember the offical non stop direct flights that ....errr stopped once and sometimes  twice, ...  i guess i lived thier long enough to know what "official" means. anyway its only a game and its based in the 70's right now where OEDR was very decidely active

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 11:37:20 pm
As was Kai Tak, which is not in the game either. And then Damman should be OUT of the game as it didn't exist. And many more airports that are now in the game should be out of it then as they didn't exist either. You cannot have both. And the choice was already made by the game creators. So Dharhan should be out.

Waerth

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk