Airline Mogul Forum

Nothern Mariana Islands Airport update, 1 misplaced airport

waerth · 10 · 1993

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
The Islands have 3 airports. I have found the enplanements for 2004. One airport I will add through the input screen online.

ROP   Rota International   

Has been entered under Guam, but should be in the Northern Mariana Islands, can a mod look at this.

Thks Waerth

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 05:07:21 pm
Quote from: "waerth"
The Islands have 3 airports. I have found the enplanements for 2004. One airport I will add through the input screen online.

ROP   Rota International   

Has been entered under Guam, but should be in the Northern Mariana Islands, can a mod look at this.

Thks Waerth

Are you talking about this source?
http://www.stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4147
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 05:34:25 pm
Yes,

Guam falls under Guam

And the other three under Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas.

Waerth

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:01:03 pm
nation corrected.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 06:06:52 pm
Thx Air Elbonia ..... maybe you should change the page of last 50 airports added in last 200 airports added ...... as between air Hannover and me we swamp it at the moment ;)

Air Hannover to you the honour to add Rota to Northern Marianas .... which will then also be complete :)

We are definitely making headway in adding airports with commercial services :) ......... unfortunately I should be spending this time on my own site but my programmer has time constraining issues :cry:  On a good note we found another teammember ...

Waerth

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 07:10:30 pm

My sources for new airports dry out now. Not much to find for adding to the game anymore . Still have a few but looking at some areas on a map there are still a lot airports missing that I cannot find data for.

Looking into the game I think it really slowed down. I am not sure if one of the reasons for that is the inflated airport database. :wink: When I started to play AM in late October 2007 we had about 1,900 airports. As of now there are over 2,600. And Stephen updated the Homepage just a week or two ago. It says we have over 2,300 airports. Well, he needs to update that number again  :lol:

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 07:36:11 pm
Headache!

Rota was already added under US Minor Outlying Islands :( ....... it should also be moved to Northern Marianas ......

I just did a spotcheck with my secondary source. For Europe we are mostly complete or in most cases we even have more airports than that source :/. For Africa we even have many countries totally missing still. Same with some island states/dependancies in the Caribbean. Many of the minor states especially the island ones have still 30-50 airports to be added.

It is good that there is more choice now. This together with more restrictions will make for a nicer game with less rapid growth! And more players can lay in one world :) I might start of in French Polynesia next game. Many more islands to be added in neighbouring Pacific states!

Waerth

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 08:19:02 pm
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"
Looking into the game I think it really slowed down. I am not sure if one of the reasons for that is the inflated airport database. :wink: When I started to play AM in late October 2007 we had about 1,900 airports. As of now there are over 2,600. And Stephen updated the Homepage just a week or two ago. It says we have over 2,300 airports. Well, he needs to update that number again  :lol:

When i started to play the Middle-East had 8 airports... scary eh?
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 08:35:33 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

When i started to play the Middle-East had 8 airports... scary eh?

So there are just a few more Middle-East airports in the game  :wink:

Seattle

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Hello! Send me a PM!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 08:49:47 pm
In early october, there was only one airport in eastern Russia and that was Vladivostok :shock:
British Pan Airways (BPA)

Serving London Heathrow to You and the Rest of the World!

Fly with our lie-flat beds in first and business class on all longhaul planes!

~BPA, Relax, Enjoy, Fly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk