Airline Mogul Forum

Codeshares unrealistic?

tomauer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Philippine Airlines Virtual
on: March 20, 2007, 08:53:06 am
Okay, Codeshares. In Real life Codeshares are NOT restricted to Alliances only, it is practically 2 airlines agreeing to co-operate on certain routes.. in return they earn profits on routes to each others HUBs and dont have to compete on certain routes to each other HUBs.. thus they dont lose as much, through a simple, peaceful process of diplomacy  :)

I don't see it available to anyone not in an alliance, as im not in one as of yet.. I agree the alliance should have special features, but really.. any airline in the real world can do it, will AM or future AM implement this? since our goal is realism, but this is unrealistic.. IMO..

to go further with my explanation.. heres an Example:

Philippine Airlines Codeshares with Royal Brunei to and from Manila-Brunei. They are NOT in an alliance. same with many other Philippine Airline Flights into the Middle east, there simply "codeshare partners" etc..

well i cannot make it any more straight forward.. what do you guys think about this??

I think the problem here though, is that If we make it realistic, and let any airline have Codeshares, that will be an alliance "feature" gone.. but i don't see any problem with this, since there a a ton more features that are unique and very Beneficial in any Alliance.

what do you guys think?

i hope this is in the right section   :)

cheers

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 01:48:59 pm
To backup your point Aer Lingus have left One World but have gone into codeshare agreement with JetBlue in the past few weeks. They are not directly related but here they are!
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

gizgiz

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 02:42:57 pm
You can codeshare already? :O
[20:28] <Jps> your still a w****r with your new sig
[20:36] <gizgiz> you know what? this channel is hopeless
[20:36] *** gizgiz was kicked from #AirlineMogul by Jps [Just get lost.]

tomauer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 09:22:41 pm
:)  I wouldn't have a clue as im not in an alliance as of yet ..

Well, will  codeshare be available for all? like it is in the real world?

simple question really.. It can always be in future versions, im going good by myself as it is.

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 10:10:31 pm
Quote from: "StephenM"
To backup your point Aer Lingus have left One World but have gone into codeshare agreement with JetBlue in the past few weeks. They are not directly related but here they are!

But would the codeshare with JB if they still were in One World?????

US Airways has been ending the old America West codeshare agreements in favor of their Star Alliance agreements.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

tomauer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 05:06:51 am
But would the codeshare with JB if they still were in One World

Probally not, but this also backs it up. how you SHOULD be able to codeshare when NOT in an alliance.

And as far as i know, Alliances prefer to stick to codeshares with alliance members.. fair enough, if your a team player thats what you should be doing anyway, you should be aware before you even join that there are expectations. although, Entering an alliance doesnt neccessarily mean you cannot codeshare with any other airline your willing to codeshare with.. it should be up to the airline, im sure we have enough common sense to not enter business agreements with an alliance enemy airline!

For that issue, it is up to the alliance..

im just saying, the codeshare feature should be allowed for people not in alliances too. as thats how things run in the real world, and thats how it should run in AM.. all those other issues, like Airlines codesharing with other airlines not in the same alliance, well thats up to the alliance..

MUFC4evr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 03:43:52 pm
BMI codeshare with gulf air on their LHR shuttle flights to MAN but they aren't in star
anchester Airways-Manchester's Airline

[/U

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk