Airline Mogul Forum

The Character of AM some hints how to enjoy it more

ALFC · 7 · 1883

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 05, 2008, 05:51:11 pm
since its a recurring issue every round it seems, i would like to quote some text from http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/index.php

Players create airlines, afterwards they buy gates and planes, create routes, join alliances, and compete with each other in a highly competitive world based game, that runs 24 hours a day.

now, the big question is, in a competetive game, how do you embrace it?

i think many people should go more creative about their goals, with their own FUN being the prime motivator.

here are some examples on how you can start enjoying reaching your goal instead of being annoyed that someone has more value than you or undercuts you:
- sort after passenger numbers, try to fly the most people around in your country
- base out of africa and such, attempting to boost the markets there
- play from airports less than 250k gatelease, enjoy the shorter update cycles and "roleplay" an airline
- start in medium sized airports and be ryanair!
- stop looking at airline value

for the few players who enjoy going for the top5 in value, enjoy the adjusting of 500 routes per day.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:04:23 pm
Funny to hear it coming from you of all people!

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 06:06:53 pm
Quote from: "Pacific"
Funny to hear it coming from you of all people!

its not my personal reflection but more of a reaction to the amount of postings that have the time to complain about competition, in a competitve game after all, without finding the time or creativity to change their own goals away from competition.
your mantra on how you dont watch the value but keep an eye on your regional ranking is a decent inspiration to that!
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 06:14:04 pm
I hate the way the script reacts to the €1 undercut alright.  I'm trying "softresetting" resetting routes in such a way I'm €1 off getting 100% loadfactor but I lose loadfactor yet again.  The admins get an earful from me on gtalk! :lol:

All I can do right now is cross my fingers hoping my bases remain stable but I'm quite amazed at the number of cattle I actually transport.  If the USA gates were sorted by states, I'd probably be based in N.America where there's actually less airlines!

For some people, "fun" means getting to the top at all costs.  For others it's different.  Each to their own but people really shouldn't be complaining publicly about competition anyhow.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 06:17:17 pm
For some people, "fun" means getting to the top at all costs.  For others it's different.  Each to their own but people really shouldn't be complaining publicly about competition anyhow.

Yea. Pacific will be handling those complaints from now on, so PM him instead :shock:  :lol:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 06:22:36 pm
I'm a Moderator.

All complaints should be sent to our Membership Officers who deal with any issues regarding "members".  In essence, a cross between the anti-cheap cops and the customer service agent.  The head membership officer is of course, dktc.

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 06:38:04 pm
I'm a Moderator.

All complaints should be sent to our Membership Officers who deal with any issues regarding "members".  In essence, a cross between the anti-cheap cops and the customer service agent.  The head membership officer is of course, dktc.

especially feedback by player brokers from certain "aviation groups" are welcome, at least 20 times per day.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk