Airline Mogul Forum

Already at dealing with the 1 Euro flights?

ashenwelt

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 05, 2008, 04:12:54 pm
Ok.  Something that just ticks me off is the fact that no airline would run flights at a constant loss.  Especialy at 1 Euro.  With multiple planes.  Ingeneral this is simply unsportsman like conduct and really should be penalized.  And of course it has already started up again.  This is something that kills smaller or new airlines instantly.  It hurts every airline.  If this is not dealt with in a more sportsman like manner... I don't see this game ever really being sucsesful.

What are your thoughts?

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 04:18:04 pm
Absolutely agree with you. The MX price should go waaaaaayyyy up if you fly your routes for less then 50 bucks. That would prevent some airlines from doing this.

And oh yeah: To all those who try to kill the concurrence on that route/ out of that hub: It won't work. N3v3r 3v3r. Someone will always stay with you (and probably attac your other hubs/routes)
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

AndyC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 04:19:49 pm
All of the bigger airlines will tell you that it's necessary to drive other airlines out of the route.  :roll:

Why you need to ruin others experience by "driving them out" baffles me. Too many 12 year old kids playing the game.

Too many people also looking at the departure boards and simply copying the successful airlines routes, be them big or small routes. Drives me up the wall!!!!!!!

I made 19 new routes last night, by this morning the same airline again has copied, all of them. As he did with the rest of my network yesterday. ********
img]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6280/ewaysyj4.jpg[/img]

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 04:22:39 pm
Quote from: "AndyC"
All of the bigger airlines will tell you that it's necessary to drive other airlines out of the route.  :roll:

Why you need to ruin others experience by "driving them out" baffles me. Too many 12 year old kids playing the game.

Too many people also looking at the departure boards and simply copying the successful airlines routes, be them big or small routes. Drives me up the wall!!!!!!!

I made 19 new routes last night, by this morning the same airline again has copied, all of them. As he did with the rest of my network yesterday. ********

I totally agree some airlines out there just tend to copy my routes, I had this airline following me everywhere 4 out of his 6 bases where the same as mine,

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 04:44:50 pm
Absolutely agree with you. The MX price should go waaaaaayyyy up if you fly your routes for less then 50 bucks. That would prevent some airlines from doing this.

why should mx price be based on the ticket price?
if you cant deal with people undercutting you, change your business model.
apparently "they" must be doing something better than you if they are not out of business.

i have made very good profits on routes with ticket prices as low as 10 euro.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

gvw888

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 04:52:46 pm
Agreed. Players not playing in the spirit of the game should be heavily penalised.
I think this was mentioned last round, but perhaps we need a game for 'grown-ups' and a separate game for the children and those who enjoy spoiling the game for others.
Those who make 1 euro routes and use unrealistic freqs (>4) on a route should have their airline moved to the 'kids game' where they can slog it out amongst themselves.
Just my 2 Euros worth  :lol:

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 05:01:17 pm
And thus the whining of the little airlines and the posturing of the big ones begins.....

This is going NOWHERE and its locked now, before it the crap really starts flying

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk