Airline Mogul Forum

Do you have Christmas Parties at your companies u work for?

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
It is very common here in Germany that the staff of a company comes together for a Chrismas Party. This year I joined a new company that does not only have a dinner but has special events that day. Last Friday we started with a guided tour at Stuttgart Airport and had an interesting look behind the scenes. Although I am very familiar with many german airports there were two new facts I did not really know about Stuttgart Airport: Until mid nineties the airport was one of the most dangerous international airports in Europe due to its location and its one and only runway properties. It is now the only one in Europe that has its tower outside its airport boundaries since it had to be rebuilt at its current position when the runway was moved. After that tour we had a nice evening at an indoor golfing place. I was one of the last to leave at five in the morning :lol: but managed to walk a mile to my hotel room. Unfortunatly I forgot my camera and the pics I made with my cell phone are not really good enough to be posted here.

So, do you celebrate such Christmas Parties? If so, what are you doing then?
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Xanders

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 08:15:00 pm
I think here in the Netherlands there are some companies that does have indeed a Christmas Party. However because of my job (I am a business consultant) I am not at the home office very often and most of my colleagues and myself are scattered around the globe. Getting them together with Christmas would be a pain in the ass besides most of them are on a holiday with the family :P

But before that job I was at a company where Christmas was like the party to be at. All the new employees that year had to do a little performance on a stage and that was just a blast. They had to create the performance (stand up comedy or a play) in teams, which of course increased team building and knowing your co-workers :)

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:20:55 am
My company does...  But generally I am on vacation when the party happens.   And I am one of those people who when on vacation disappears until its over.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk