Airline Mogul Forum

No more gates at home airport

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 12, 2007, 08:52:17 pm
I now have 100% of the gates at my home airport used.  There are no more for purchase.  Setting up a terminal would take 5000% of what my company is probably worth.  How do I move forward from here?  I can't setup routes from anything but my home gate it seems.  What do I do next?  Thanks.

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 09:00:10 pm
Rent 5 gates (good luck!) from another airport of your choice and set up a new base.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 09:00:41 pm
You may create a second base (up to six bases). The bases must be located on the continent of your first base. You need to rent 4 gates at the airport you want to open the next base. After that you can return three gates or they will be returned by the auto-return feature about two months later - just in case you do not use all of the free slots. Remember: If you want to keep ALL of the four rented gates you need to have at least 31 slots used.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 09:11:05 pm
Thanks.  I have my next move planned already.

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 09:16:33 pm
You guys forgot the $5M I need to open a base.  I just spend $400k to rent gates at an airport that I can't use.  Do I just let this sit for a few days until I can afford this?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 10:08:58 pm
4 gates, then pay up (fee varies, not necessarily 5 mil)....
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 10:41:43 pm
The place I went it was.  I don't know if the month ends earlier either but it just ended before I canceled.  4 gates at Fresno just cost me 400k, another 400k since its the start of another month and 200k I would have saved in buying an plane with the cash I had.  Neat game, but the manual is a little lacking in informing people of costs.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 08:45:34 am
The terminal is just too much for new players ...

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 02:59:42 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
The terminal is just too much for new players ...

... but is still too cheap when compared to real world costs. :twisted:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 03:00:20 pm
yea true.. I wish i could sell my Atlanta gate for 160m

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 06:59:00 am
You could try joining an alliance if you haven't already done so. That's what I did and it's worked fairly nicely. Hopefully in the next few days I'll be able to open up a base and contribute to the alliance in remaining number 1.
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

suntoucher

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 09:27:40 am
Although you'll want to choose your alliance carefully, as well as it's costing 1mil to join(alot for new airlines) you'll want one that has open base routes. Joining the bigger ones(I said this one some other post) is usually a bad idea as all 20 routes per base are usually taken, this makes it worse if you have an original base(one not on their list yet) as suddenly they'll throw 20 routes at you which conflict with yours, and you can't use other bases. I'm currently in a two man alliance myself which is working perfectly as we're both in different continents(Europe and Middle East) so we can feed off each other and the only competition we have is each other. But we try to avoid conflicting routes.

Edit: And god said, let there be logo!
img]http://www.freewebs.com/originalsuntoucher/70s%20logo.jpg[/img]
Suntoucher Incorporated - Flying into bright lights since 1954.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 11:59:37 am
in large open alliances, that is true.  but the alliance im in the majority of the bases are still completely open.  the problem with joining most of these big restricted membership alliances is most of them will not let you in if any of your bases conflice with any of theirs.  i was lucky enough that none of my 6 bases are the same as my alliance bases, but some of the airlines with 2 bases weren't so lucky.

p. s.  yeah...um...suntoucher...uh...now i really...*cough*...want to...er...fly your airline...um... :lol:

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 03:27:17 pm
So alliances who control the airports waive the fees to setup a base??  I'm confused as to what you all mean.  Remember, not everyone has been playing this for that long.  

In terms of joining an alliance, I'm more of the Marlo Stanfield type.  Joining the co-op might sound good, but I'd rather go it alone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk