Airline Mogul Forum

Help with departures from new base city.

JMach

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 27, 2007, 08:41:52 pm
I seem to be having a problem with availability of aircraft for departures from a new base city I have created.

I just bought 4 gates at Muncie-Johnson Field, and created a base there.  I have several gates that I have purchased but are not in use, because I ran out of room in Grand Rapids.  

When I go to create a route departing from Muncie, I do not have any aircraft available for any of the destinations that are not yet in use.  I even tried a destination that was already in use and only 115 miles away, and still none available.  All of my aircraft have more than enough range for that, and they have between 5-9 hours available.  

However, if I create a route that departs Muncie and arrives in Grand Rapids (the airport where I originally started the game), all three of my airplanes are available - but this obviously does me no good because I do not have gates left in GR.  Is there something I missed in creating a base city that is causing me not to be able to go anywhere but another base city from Muncie?

Thanks for the help!
Jason
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/airline.gif[/img]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 08:49:49 pm
Your new route must consist of at least one airport served by the aircraft already in order to use an aircraft that has route on it.

(*curse at myself for making soooo  many typos :roll: *)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

JMach

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 10:30:22 pm
That just increased the amount of thinking necessary to succeed by about 10  :) .  Makes sense, though - thanks for the explanation!
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/airline.gif[/img]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk