Airline Mogul Forum

Negative gate value

Vaff · 28 · 4953

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 07:24:14 am
I believe the -1 gate was just a fluke of timing. two people renting in the same split seconds.  I'm familiar with how the AE bug worked, and it doesn't replicate in AM. i just verified this.  It'll correct over time, and shouldn't be a terribly common or problematic occurrence.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 07:30:08 am
If this is due to two people pressing confirm at the same time one of them could be me as I rented one gate over the before I went to sleep. :lol:
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 23, 2007, 07:51:23 pm
This thing happened again: Phoenix shows gate -1.

empedocles

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 23, 2007, 08:40:16 pm
So if 1 PHX gate gets returned when the month rolls over, will it go to 0 or 1?

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 09:33:10 pm
I guess it will simply add that free gate to 0.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 11:05:45 pm
well, it might also turn around, so if worst comes to worst you might have something like -10 gates tomorrow :P
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

freeeeeeitas

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 11:21:58 pm
Phoenix is -1-gated also!  :shock:

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 24, 2007, 11:42:19 pm
If it's ever spotted at a -2... tell me immediately, until then i believe it's simply two people happening to rent a gate at the same time as i cannot replicate the bug through any means i can think of.  IF you know how to rent gates where you shouldn't be able to tell me how you do it so i can fix it, you'll probably be in for a reward of some sort.

empedocles

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 25, 2007, 01:06:57 am
OSL was at -2 after the month rollover. It is -1 now.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 25, 2007, 09:11:21 pm
Quote from: "empedocles"

Hrm. though it's possible 3 people did it at the same time, it's a little less probable. I have a feeling though if gates were being usurped into the negatives it'd be a little more prominent... However

Any notable information helpful in helping me find any possible exceptions/bugs/loopholes in the gate rental system allowing it to go below 0 (thereby helping me to fix them) will result in a reward: A free 10 gate terminal at any airport in the world, with active hub status.  This CAN be on ANY continent, also it CAN be the SEVENTH (7th) hub of a given airline (however, if you choose to close a base after the reward is received, you're back to 6).

Tell your friends, or don't.  Anyways, yes. that's my offer. call it a bounty. I've seen what unchecked gate abuse can do to a game, and it isn't pretty, so i'm willing to pay relatively high price for help to find and fix it.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 25, 2007, 09:34:55 pm
What about home base for new players? Would the system drum up 2 gates and lease them to the newbies, and then when gates are returned elsewhere, those returned would not be release back to the market?

-or-

Someone rent a gate while a newbie set up a base at the same time?

-or-

The counter variable is off for the auto-return for admin delete? (ie. the gate is released to the market for lease, but the counter is not updated, so it was 0 before the account deleted, 0 with 1 gate available when the account has been deleted, -1 when the gate is leased?... not likely... but... the reward is tempting :P )
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 25, 2007, 10:00:45 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
What about home base for new players? Would the system drum up 2 gates and lease them to the newbies, and then when gates are returned elsewhere, those returned would not be release back to the market?

-or-

Someone rent a gate while a newbie set up a base at the same time?

-or-

The counter variable is off for the auto-return for admin delete? (ie. the gate is released to the market for lease, but the counter is not updated, so it was 0 before the account deleted, 0 with 1 gate available when the account has been deleted, -1 when the gate is leased?... not likely... but... the reward is tempting :P )

scen. 1: looked, up to now new registrants had no impact on airports ever, now that's been corrected. but as it was not pertaining to this bug sorry. no shiny terminal.  *the update should not cause any problems with this bug, as >2 shouldn't bugger up*.  Looking at set_base, >2 is i place, so its possibilities are pretty slim unless it's freak timing chance.

Scen 2: covered by scen 1 in a realistic sense.

Scen 3: admin delete utilizes the autoreturn system to return the gates, admin bankrupt returns gates using the same function as return gate, which if problematic would probably be a lot more evident then it has been.  From the looks of the function, however, it looks proper and right.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 10:52:32 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Quote from: "empedocles"

Hrm. though it's possible 3 people did it at the same time, it's a little less probable. I have a feeling though if gates were being usurped into the negatives it'd be a little more prominent... However

Any notable information helpful in helping me find any possible exceptions/bugs/loopholes in the gate rental system allowing it to go below 0 (thereby helping me to fix them) will result in a reward: A free 10 gate terminal at any airport in the world, with active hub status.  This CAN be on ANY continent, also it CAN be the SEVENTH (7th) hub of a given airline (however, if you choose to close a base after the reward is received, you're back to 6).

Tell your friends, or don't.  Anyways, yes. that's my offer. call it a bounty. I've seen what unchecked gate abuse can do to a game, and it isn't pretty, so i'm willing to pay relatively high price for help to find and fix it.

Mine turned into 1 yesterday.. (it was -1).. too late?  :lol:

And what if I get -1 aircraft?

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk