Airline Mogul Forum

[FIXED]Ability to view out of production aircraft

Saber

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 19, 2007, 11:57:52 pm
Was poking around the site a bit because I was rather bored just a few minutes ago and stumbled upon the fact that you are able to view out of production aircraft...those that know how, know and those who don't don't need to so I won't say how to do that...for which I got promptly banned

now is there a way of fixing this some way or is banning people the solution to the problem?

anyway...i'm not complaining about getting banned, just thought I should say something about the issues
D: 6431
Saber Air [FTG]
FTG Alliance

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 12:07:57 am
I won't ask how he did it, but it would be nice to see all available aircraft (both in and out of production). Perhaps on the Purchase page (and somehow remove the Buy link).

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 12:11:34 am
Quote from: "Saber"
Was poking around the site a bit because I was rather bored just a few minutes ago and stumbled upon the fact that you are able to view out of production aircraft...those that know how, know and those who don't don't need to so I won't say how to do that...for which I got promptly banned

now is there a way of fixing this some way or is banning people the solution to the problem?

anyway...i'm not complaining about getting banned, just thought I should say something about the issues

i thought i got rid of that autoban.  i'll see about correcting that.  Regarding viewing out of production aircraft... and yet produced aircraft. i'm unsure. we'll see what develops.

edit: An explanation for this "idiocracy" in an autoban.  Last age we have a problem where there was a loophole in the buy aircraft page allowing you to purchase out of production and preproduction aircraft.  It got out of hand and no one told us how it was done (though we figured it out).  By the time we both noticed the problem and fixed it, there were enough second hand resold aircraft that weren't supposed to "be" that we couldn't trace who the bug abusers were and who weren't.  We instituted an autoban which was meant to be temporary, and that i thought i had removed, in an attempt to have those abusers bring fate upon themselves.

I'll be removing the auto-ban shortly; but yes.  That page needs a revamp, which is known.

edit2: Alright, i believe i got all traces of the auto-ban.  The pages will now, instead of banning and logging a player out, redirect the player back to aircraft.php.  At present viewing all aircraft in detail is not a high priority, and we have http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_all_aircraft.php to view the models possibly available in game.  Further detail is not presently available for the public.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Saber

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 01:05:07 am
well can I can get unbanned in this case?
D: 6431
Saber Air [FTG]
FTG Alliance

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 01:14:28 am
Quote from: "Saber"
well can I can get unbanned in this case?

In about 2 minutes. Sorry about that but we have got a queue in unbanning today... because I banned more than I could handle :roll:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 03:33:46 am
Tell Stephen to hire another "banner"  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 04:08:58 am
Quote from: "Jps"
Tell Stephen to hire another "banner"  :lol:

we're completing a backend system to facilitate the new membership admins, when it's ready there will be a few new banners to help dex out.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 05:20:28 am
Fixed and locked before this gets stupid

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk