Airline Mogul Forum

Gates leasing

eeikel · 20 · 2958

eeikel

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 03:46:48 pm
Why people should trade in airplanes and not in gates?
second if you buy 5 gates create a base and build a terminal
you should only beable to build gates and rent them out,
but the person who renting them should not beable to build a terminal in the tree structure
so they have the change to grow there airline but not to kill the game.

Could be a nice bussiness  extra extension for the game...

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 06:57:07 pm
Quote from: "eeikel"
Why people should trade in airplanes and not in gates?

Because people will gate hog early on in the round and rent a 50k gate for 50 mil!
Cheating will get worse.
Airplanes are unlimited and you could always choose to buy from the manufacturer.

second if you buy 5 gates create a base and build a terminal

you rent 4 gates

I said it is NON-NEGOTIABLE[/u]. And NO you shouldn't.

but the person who renting them should not beable to build a terminal in the tree structure

Never said they would be able to

so they have the change to grow there airline but not to kill the game.

It would kill the game because gates are hogged early on, and them leased for high rates.
The other end of the spectrum is that a route with 10 operators will have 100 operators under this model, which would drives the ticket price to 1, and no one would gain money. As a result, time is spent to code, but no positive results would be seen.

Could be a nice bussiness  extra extension for the game...

Summing up the above, it would not be nice.

Personal comment: please read through and think about all the post in response to your first post before repeating it. I could tolerate other suggestions, even if I see issues in them and tear them apart, but this one... I will tell you, I will not let it waste the time of our developers. It is not feasible, and not realistic (as in relative to the game situation) at all. (I am not trying to be mean here, not am I attacking you personally, but this is a comment you need to keep in mind.)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 07:03:50 pm
Quote from: "eeikel"

Database design means this is not physically possible at the moment.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 07:07:20 pm
Hey, dktc, you should have a popup window open to the users when entering the forum telling them: "If you try to ask the question if you could rent gates to others or if we could have more gates in the game you will be banned from the forum AND from the game". Then we will probably get the gates we need  :lol: (Yeah, I know some use popup blockers - therefore I wrote this on purpose :wink: )
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 07:11:01 pm
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "LOT 737-300"
Good point, perhaps the best way to counter this is to have a cieling of how many gates they can build. Perhaps the 100-110 gate range.

Sorry... i don't quite get the limiting range part :wink:

Say for those airports with 300 gates, in theory, a minimum of 12 players could be basing there, and build terminals there. Realistically, a lot more than 12 airlines would be basing in those airports. Let's just say 12 though for argument sake, it would provide 1200 built gates to the market. Say the airlines use 40 gates each themselves, there would still be 720 built + 300 rented gates = 1020 gates available. Do we really want that many gates? Next thing you know, people will be screaming murder because the competition would be so fierce that the game would remain unplayable.

If we assume players renting 10~15 gates, or even only 4 gates before building terminals, it would be even worse. As a result, that may not be feasible.

I guess I can agree with you there. Not a great idea to start with, Now that I think about it, the game in my opinion is good without this idea. Hopefully, multiworlds will fix this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk