Airline Mogul Forum

Out of Production Aircraft

transitairways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 12, 2007, 03:50:36 pm
Hi Folks,

I joined towards the end of the last age and have not experienced operating an aircraft type that will go out of production before.

When it goes out of production, is it just unavailable for purchase or do I have to stop flying them?

Thanks,

Transit Airways

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 04:20:16 pm
You just can't buy them. The aircraft you have are fine :)

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 06:38:48 pm
Quote from: "Hampo"
You just can't buy them. The aircraft you have are fine :)

Well, you can't buy them new, you can still buy them, but they'd have to be off the used market.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 07:18:38 pm
you can continue to use aircraft that are no longer in production, DC-9's are still in use in the US last i knew by NWA, and they have been out of production for a while.  likewise in the game.

the used market is a great source for out of production aircraft, this is also true.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

transitairways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 09:42:27 pm
Thanks for the replies. I had thought I read on these forums during the last age that people were forced to turn in older aircraft models (I remember, I think, someone saying their 727s were deleted?) so I was concerned this would happen also in this age. Am I making this up or remembering this correctly? Thanks!

Transit Airways

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 09:48:50 pm
Quote from: "transitairways"
Thanks for the replies. I had thought I read on these forums during the last age that people were forced to turn in older aircraft models (I remember, I think, someone saying their 727s were deleted?) so I was concerned this would happen also in this age. Am I making this up or remembering this correctly? Thanks!

Transit Airways

Those older models were not supposed to be in the last round. Some players were able to get them by abusing a bug. Thus, those planes had to be deleted.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

transitairways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 10:06:02 pm
Quote from: "dktc"

Those older models were not supposed to be in the last round. Some players were able to get them by abusing a bug. Thus, those planes had to be deleted.

Thanks for the info. I'm assuming this will not happen during this round? Is this round going allthe way to present time?

Transit Airways

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 10:13:18 pm
This round goes to 24 Dec, 1959. We will have a reset at that time, and then continue. Air Elbonia is convinced that the bug will not occur this round... but... given how evil ( :lol: ) our players are, there could be other bugs that some of them will be abusing. We just ned to discover them :)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

transitairways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 10:51:21 pm
So every ten years we have to start completely over? Interesting. I didn't know that.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 10:37:38 am
^ Or else airports would just die.

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk