Airline Mogul Forum

Survey and all the others

Jps · 6 · 1140

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: November 12, 2007, 12:18:30 pm
How's the Nov. Survey? How many people did it?

And what about all the other things that was said to be mentioned but was never ever...

Aircraft Officer
Membership Admin
Multi Worlds (wasn't clear?)
Auto Price Function
Inactive Chinese Forums?
 :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 06:54:43 pm
Quote from: "Jps"

And what about all the other things that was said to be mentioned but was never ever...

Aircraft Officer
Membership Admin
Auto Price Function
Inactive Chinese Forums?

We had quite a lot of responses to the survey. I will leave it up to Will / Rick / Stephen to give the details because I am not involved in it (except for the comments concerning me :roll: )

Aircraft Officer has been chosen, and notified. Stephen will get around to announcing soon (which mean eventually... in a decade or two :P )

Membership Admins... Stephen has chosen his desired candidates within those that have applied. However, we have to get the backend fixed before getting them on board, introduce them to the system (which is not even in place yet), train them and get them to work. Personally, I hope they will be working by mid-December the latest, because I will be off on vacation after the 20th :D

Multi-worlds... Will and Stephen are working hard on it. Should be up for testing soon, and hopefully rolled out by next round (which was the goal all along).

Auto-Price or something similar is on Will's to-do list I believe. When he will get to it I am not sure, because his list is really long.

Inactive Chinese Forums? We have to wait until you learn Chinese. Then, you will be able to get it active by posting meaningless (but not spamming :roll: ) posts in it.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 07:27:50 pm
I'll see about setting up a preliminary results post in a few hours when i get back from real life.  offhand over 291 users have completed the survey, around 145 of which left additional comments.

for the most part results were what i was expecting them to be, offhand on the top of the list tended to be swap aircraft edit route; batch sell/lease (out) aircraft; batch buy/lease (in) aircraft; multiworlds/overcrowding issues; and sort by loadfactor/etc in view_routes.  the ranges for most the 1-10 options were on average where i expected it to be.

but yes. i'll try to put together a more formal report later.  i don't particularly feel like twisting the results though so i'll have to talk it over with rick and stephen before releasing a significantly detailed post.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 11:54:50 pm
I answered the survey also.....

But the questions seemed to be aimed at newer players that haven't seen or understand the devolpment curve of the game.

I didn't offer any further comments, as the 'in-the-pipeline' devolpments cover about 90% of the issues/concerns I have with the game.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 07:26:12 am
we're at 320 results and counting.  after talking to rick a bit, it looks like we'll be closing the survey on Thursday and releasing some of the data (most whatever you want to know from it) mayhap thursday/friday.

Membership admins we're waiting on a backend piece to be put in place to help reduce some overhead.  we're hoping to have it together shortly (it's involved in the next step towards multi-worlds).

Multi-worlds we're working on as fast as we can.  There's about 5 steps total for a rather complete version to be out.  We've got to do a backend modification first (at present users and airlines are stored in the same table... we need to split 'em up for this to work at all) which involves updating, bug-testing, and successfully not screwing up 26 files.  odds are we'll update it, bugtest it, miss a few. then fix it all.

the step after that is renaming a lot of things, updating most every file in the game.  this'll be long, and again, probably hair-raising in the bugs it causes. we're going to likely make the private testing server at least temporarily public for assistance in finding these bugs.  there's just so many updates to make that it's inevitably going to have bugs.

After that it gets easy.  we need to split up the registration process from the joining of a world, create a script to automatically detect when to auto-generate worlds (yes. yes we can be this lazy. believe you me we want to be this hands-off of the game's progression). after that finalize the credit system and establish the joined world cap.  but at this point you're all dancing and singing joyous songs because of the new variety in worlds and the availability of multiple eras.  oh. and last but not least, the premium system affect, winning bonus effect, and the ability to generate private worlds.

Auto-price.  it won't be auto-exact, i know that much.  Advisor range (+-~x%) is the form I'd envision as being feasibly realistic.  this is lower priority then a few things.  at some point i'd love to have advisors for most every thing in some respect.  general open automatic advice on things in some respect.  This is definitely after hotswap aircraft (in process) and mass edit routes (depending on where we're at in multiworlds when i finish hotswap, it's next.)

chinese forums? they're staying.  I'm hoping we can add Spanish forums soon as well, but i've got to talk it out with Stephen.  Rick i believe has said he both speaks Spanish pretty well and would be willing to staff it. depends who else we'd get on board for that.  Possibly Portuguese as well.  I know one of the complaints in the survey was that we don't serve the spanish/portuguese speaking players as well as the english speaking players.

Ac Data Officer, no comment.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 10:35:53 am
Quote from: "dktc"
Quote from: "Jps"

Aircraft Officer
Membership Admin
Auto Price Function
Inactive Chinese Forums?

We had quite a lot of responses to the survey. I will leave it up to Will / Rick / Stephen to give the details because I am not involved in it (except for the comments concerning me :roll: )

Aircraft Officer has been chosen, and notified. Stephen will get around to announcing soon (which mean eventually... in a decade or two :P )

Membership Admins... Stephen has chosen his desired candidates within those that have applied. However, we have to get the backend fixed before getting them on board, introduce them to the system (which is not even in place yet), train them and get them to work. Personally, I hope they will be working by mid-December the latest, because I will be off on vacation after the 20th :D

Multi-worlds... Will and Stephen are working hard on it. Should be up for testing soon, and hopefully rolled out by next round (which was the goal all along).

Auto-Price or something similar is on Will's to-do list I believe. When he will get to it I am not sure, because his list is really long.

Inactive Chinese Forums? We have to wait until you learn Chinese. Then, you will be able to get it active by posting meaningless (but not spamming :roll: ) posts in it.

I actually know Chinese.. but the characters on the computer just looks weird. Plus I have nothing to post in. The threads are boring. They make awful topics. No offense.  :roll:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk