Airline Mogul Forum

Problem with Terminal

Squashyport

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 30, 2007, 10:31:07 pm
Hi,

I recently built a 5 gate terminal at Québec-Jean Lesage International airport and for some reason it is still tagged for return (it's been tagged for a couple of months now).  Also, (I don't know if is a bug) it seems the gate value of my 5 gate terminal is more than twice that of 12 gates in Vancouver, should I be paying that much?

Airline ID: 4864  -  Moroch Airlines

Thanks
hris

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 12:04:53 am
gate value is no longer necessarily what you pay on a monthly basis.  you build a terminal, thereby that asset is now on your books in the value of the gates owned and rented.  since there is a hefty fee to build a terminal, it would be logically more expensive then 12 rented gates at another airport (if 5 built gates is significantly more expensive then 12 built gates... the 12 gate terminal had better be at a much smaller airport or something funny is happening.)

building a terminal, you're still allowed to continue your renting of any gates you already have on contract at that airport, they can be flagged (all flights are assumed to be from the terminal first).  you cannot rent new gates at the airport, so when the gates are returned, they're gone and can only be replaced by building more gates.  also. for every 10 gates you build in a terminal, one rented gate is returned until you no longer have rented gates (then nothing special happens anymore).

I'll double check to make sure that gates are untagged properly in the script when there's a terminal involved.

~ Air Elbonia
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Squashyport

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 12:16:31 am
I returned all the gates at Quebec when I built the terminal (I had four gates before I built the terminal) but it still remains tagged.  The 12 rented gates (worth €3,000,000) are at Vancouver which has ~ 16,500,000 passengers , and the 5 gate terminal (worth €6,628,250) is at Quebec which has ~ 780,000 passengers.
hris

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 12:24:54 am
Alright.

first. you were right, the un-flagging system was not smart enough to notice that you have no rented gates there, thereby nothing should be flagged.  I've corrected this, it should now straighten itself out at next month change.

Second, yes, that math sounds right.  a terminal is loosely 100 * monthly rent + a fee (which slowly grows as more gates are built) for each gate built.  you however only pay 3/4ths the normal rental fees for any built gate (.75*rent fee).  I've pondered, but have not acted on due to either timing issues or more important things, adding a monthly fee column to the gates page.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 11:25:19 am
Why is one of mine tagged even though it's being used?

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Squashyport

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 11:53:56 am
The gates at Quebec are still tagged  :(
hris

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 03:32:02 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
Why is one of mine tagged even though it's being used?

It's only tagged or untagged at the month change, to reduce the ease of abuse.

Squashy, it'll become untagged on 1 Aug in-game.  i didn't get the update in place time for 1 Jul.  let me know if it doesn't untag after the 1 Aug though.  it definitely will not return any gates on you, so it's just a harmless number floating in the mists of space.

Squashyport

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 05:41:59 am
Squashy, it'll become untagged on 1 Aug in-game. i didn't get the update in place time for 1 Jul. let me know if it doesn't untag after the 1 Aug though.

It's still tagged unfortunately.
hris

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 12:16:26 pm
I'm having a problem where I built a 5 gate terminal and it gave me 10 gates. Can anybody please help me?
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 12:17:53 pm

Why are my gates tagged (except Prague). And are terminals suppose to have a value of zero? See Lisbon Portela.

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk