Airline Mogul Forum

Alliance Route Question/Potential "imbalance"

ALFC · 9 · 2231

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 27, 2007, 08:24:27 am
hi, does the 10-20 or whatever limit to alliance routes work as "limiting the flights from each alliance' members focus city" or as "limiting the amount of total flights my airline can conduct from focus cities that are not mine but alliancemates" or is it, similar to the lease month limit in the last round, a mere number without practical impact.
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 08:28:09 am
Pretend you have a base at BOG

It's your base so you can do anything with it. The whole alliance can do only 20 routes. Not 20 routes per person..

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 01:49:58 pm
Not a bug....

So this topic is on the move

Our fantastic staff has enough nightmares....

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 02:09:36 pm
Quote from: "ALFC"
hi, does the 10-20 or whatever limit to alliance routes work as "limiting the flights from each alliance' members focus city" or as "limiting the amount of total flights my airline can conduct from focus cities that are not mine but alliancemates" or is it, similar to the lease month limit in the last round, a mere number without practical impact.

There are 20 alliance slots per base that can be distributed among the entire alliance.  That is a hard cap that is coded into AM.

How the slots are distributed is up to the alliance itself.  From what I've heard some alliances do it by hub - they give all the slots for alliance routes to one airline, and all the slots at another hub to another airline.  USG does it differently - there is a limit on 2 alliance routes per airline at each hub, and you have to sign up for the slots on our private forum.  None of these rules about how the 20 slots are distributed are hard-coded into AM - it's simply up to the alliance to enforce their own rules.
lying Badger Airlines

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 08:36:13 pm
i always thought that it was 20 routes for each person on the alliance. So i never surpass the 20 alliance routes from different airport

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 08:47:05 pm
I've got a question what if for example 2 airlines got a base in LHR will alliance route still be 20 or 40?

ID 5228

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 08:58:44 pm
Still 20.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

ALFC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 10:15:55 pm
i think its a bit of a zerg scenario we have here, i always understood that it was the player who had 20 routes he could open from elsewhere, i do think that the current system opens abuse with random "helper accounts". this option for creative interpretation would be closed by limiting the airline on routes and not the hubs
LFC - Melmac Spacelines

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 10:30:29 pm
Quote from: "ALFC"
i think its a bit of a zerg scenario we have here, i always understood that it was the player who had 20 routes he could open from elsewhere, i do think that the current system opens abuse with random "helper accounts". this option for creative interpretation would be closed by limiting the airline on routes and not the hubs

well i always thought that 20 alliance routes were just too little, but this system protects players. In example Airline A has base in LHR. If there are 10 members on the alliance and everybody thinks that LHR is cool then there would be (im imagining the wort scenario) 200 routes competing with you in your own hub. Thus limiting 20 per base is in fact a great idea by limiting partner's competition. And anyway i dont think it will be an abuse because you are not the only one elegible to open routes but also your partners, as it is said before all alliances have their own method in managing their Routes

ID 5228

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk