Airline Mogul Forum

Load Factor decreasing for no reason

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 23, 2007, 10:46:15 am
This has happened to me a few times recently:

I log into the game, and notice that my DOP is slightly lower than I left it.  I check my routes, and sure enough some of the LF% are lower, sometimes significantly lower.  Normally that would mean somebody just set a lower fare than me.

However, when I click on the route I notice I still have the lowest fare.  Without changing the fare, I hit the "Update Information" button, and the LF% magically goes back to 100% (or thereabouts).  I hit "Create Route", and my DOP goes up by the corresponding amount.

This happened to me a few times last round, but it's become more frequent this round.  There seems to be some sort of link with competitors leaving routes.
lying Badger Airlines

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 11:52:19 am
After all if an airport has 1m passengers... and airlines offer 1.1m million seats..there's got to be some low loadfactors for some airlines..

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 12:00:09 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
After all if an airport has 1m passengers... and airlines offer 1.1m million seats..there's got to be some low loadfactors for some airlines..

But this change comes about with zero change in competition.  Nobody undercuts me, but the LF% still drops dramatically.

Another odd thing happened just now.  I took a plane off a route and put a different one on it.  After that, I decided I liked the old plane better so I took the new one off and put the old one back in, and put the old fare back (I had written it down).  However, the fare that had given me 100% LF moments before now only gave me 70%.  Once again, zero change in competition.
lying Badger Airlines

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 12:07:02 pm
Im talking about the overall seats of the airport you're flying to...

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 01:06:00 pm
Someone might be changing a price slightly, or an aircraft.

I tried an experiment with XX.99 prices.   If you put in a xx.99 price, it will show as XX+1 euros.  Meaning that the chart showing all the competitors on a route, rounds up to the nearest Euro.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 12:34:03 am
No, this happens when nobody's anywhere near my fares.  Also the route goes back to 100% LF as soon as I hit "Update Information".

It's as if there's a competitor there when I click on the route, but he's gone by the time the route information page loads.  But it happens too often for that to be the case.
lying Badger Airlines

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 12:45:58 am
I think it has something to do with the known bug that somehow, in some occasions, when a competitor pulls out, the LF is not automatically adjusted. So, if in your case, someone got into the route, but latter discovered a better route and changed his mind, you would see no change in competition but the LF would have dropped and not automatically get back to 100%.
Hope this make sense. (by "this", I mean the explanation, not the known bug part).
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk