Airline Mogul Forum

DOP/Route info profits - leasing costs not included?

Daemonfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 30, 2007, 06:39:59 am
Am I correct in my observance that any listed profit numbers don't include the leasing cost of the aircraft?

I couldn't find any such info in the manual, etc...

I was wondering why I wasn't doing too well right after I leased some planes and set them up on some routes. It wasn't until I redid the routes and got the profits up over my calculated daily leasing costs (lease price / 24). This was using the lease cost and total aircraft profit info on the Aircraft Info page. For example, on a plane with 2mil lease, I'd need $83,333 daily profit to break even.

I figured this should have already been calculated into profit listings, at least on the Aircraft Info page.

Still somewhat new & trying to figure everything out now before reset.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 06:49:16 am
Leasing costs aren't recorded in the DOP

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Daemonfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 07:00:16 am
It should at least be calculated into the Airline Info screen profits then  :?

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 08:28:59 am
There's a finance page for those things.

Daemonfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 08:39:54 am
Which doesn't tell you anything about which aircraft are making a profit vs their lease rate.

Now that I know how this works, I guess I'll have to stick to manually calculating it out for each lease price.

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 11:23:32 am
True, misread the post.

Armygrognard

Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 03:07:51 pm
Quote from: "Daemonfly"
Which doesn't tell you anything about which aircraft are making a profit vs their lease rate.

Now that I know how this works, I guess I'll have to stick to manually calculating it out for each lease price.

Manually is how I do it.  Of course, now I am dumping all my leases.

Daemonfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 05:50:07 am
Is gate rental cost, another end-of-month charge, calculated into any profits listings?

Considering everything else, I'm gonna have to guess "No" on this one too.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 06:02:38 am
Monthly expenses are not included in DOP.

quick math is go to view_gates, pull the numbers for each FC individually; then go to view_routes and pull each FC's portion of DOP; calc how many days it takes to pay for the gates rented.  Terminals make you pull the numbers manually for gate rental fees.

leases just view the aircraft, it shows the DOP for the plane; and the monthly lease rate there.  if you don't earn that lease rate in 24 days or less, you are losing money on it. if you get it in 24 days, you're barely breaking even. less then 24 you're making a little... naturally you want that number as small as possible.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Daemonfly

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 10:22:25 am
Thats guys. I was originally under the impression that anything listed as "profit" would take into account any and all costs, which it ends up not doing. Poor performance during leasing experiments made me question this.

At least I'll have a better chance of success after reset. Now to just pick a good starting city ;)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 04:44:08 pm
Quote from: "Daemonfly"
Thats guys. I was originally under the impression that anything listed as "profit" would take into account any and all costs, which it ends up not doing. Poor performance during leasing experiments made me question this.

At least I'll have a better chance of success after reset. Now to just pick a good starting city ;)

It's hard to appropriate certain monthly expenses to a daily or route-by-route factor.  what route picks up unused slots? if a route is making a large profit, does it pick up more of the gate rental expense or does it just pay the same portion of gate expense "daily" as any other route? does a large frequency route carry more of a burdon of the gate expense then a low frequency route?.

but. when i touch up some files along the way, i'll see about throwing in small tools to help make this stuff a little easier to figure out (leases, evaluated individually, i think are pretty easy in viewing the ac's info at the moment though).
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk