Airline Mogul Forum

load % weirdness

Air Klymaxia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 23, 2007, 11:27:14 pm
Let's see if I can explain this right.

I've gone in to adjust ticket prices to bring up the load percentage on my flight, but there are some instances where I'll just click on update w/out changing the price and my load factor goes back up to 100% from whatever it was at before.  So it was falsely representing my load factor and thus I wasn't getting the proper income for that flight.

I suspect that the competitor is lowering their price lower than yours, creating the flight, thus changing your load factor, then going back and increasing their ticket rate to get a greater income, but the load factor on the flight isn't changed back.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 11:55:23 pm
hmm.

I have a theory as to what is happening to cause this.  unsure at present how i want to change it to fix what i suspect is the cause.

It's not what you suspect though.  especially if your flight is older then theirs.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Air Klymaxia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 12:33:15 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
hmm.

I have a theory as to what is happening to cause this.  unsure at present how i want to change it to fix what i suspect is the cause.

It's not what you suspect though.  especially if your flight is older then theirs.
Well I hope you fix it soon, I just spent a buttload of coin to not change any prices. :o

Pod1967

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 11:20:17 am
It mostly happens when some other airline closes that route. Somehow someone else's load freq goes down. I've had it alot and its a pain in the butt.
img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j52/michaelchow810/am/cfc.jpg[/img]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk