Airline Mogul Forum

A poll on acceptable frequency

dktc · 4 · 1065

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: September 10, 2007, 09:17:50 pm
ok... StephenM and I can't really agree with each other on the frequency cap... although he is the boss.

My doubt with 10 frequencies is that one could easily fly several short routes with 10 frequencies and hog the gates. Stephen's point is that anything less than 10 frequencies would be too limited and that we are not aiming to rule out high frequency. Air Elbonia's opinion is that 15 is acceptable because they exist in real life, especially with flights between hubs.

So, here I have a poll for you all. A very professional vote, corporating what I have learnt in marketing and statistic classes, that provides you all with quantifiable answers.

Please keep calm if you want to post a typed response. If you are fuming, just vote without replying. :P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Armygrognard

Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 09:40:39 pm
Hard to say for me, being the noob that I am.  The higher frequesncies aren't bothering me as much as the multitude of .5s.  I see airlines with far, far fewer planes than I flying many, many routes at .5 and are as profitable.  I have 2, maybe 3 .5s.

Arguing about realism isn't as important as playability.  Obviously, if we were going to get strict on realism, marketing would DESTROY Zombie Tradewinds (other than Scooby Doo and Mystery Inc., who would fly them?) and weather, insurance, crashes, unions, etc. would damage the others.  So, rather than realism, I'd lean towards playability.  If it's not playable and enjoyable by the majority, then what's the point of having it?

My two cents.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:36:04 pm
From what I got from your argument Dex was that 5 frequencies are too much due to taking up too many slots. I dont see the same way, I believe the 40 frequencies on a route per airline is gate hogging, not 5 frequencies per route.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Daniel Doorgakant

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 11:27:12 pm
If an airline can afford it, and is not gate hogging, its acceptable.

Now stop getting a hard on over frequencies  :twisted:
Daniel Doorgakant
Airline Mogul Administrator

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk