Airline Mogul Forum

Route creation

Evanescent

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 15, 2007, 03:24:42 pm
When I try and start a route (Gatwick - Sao  Paulo) with a leased 747, i get this message

Good. next
There was a problem in creating the route.
Duplicate entry '0' for key 9

What am i doing wrong?
img]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff296/Shrewflite/Evanescent50.gif[/img]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 06:08:21 pm
Hi,

Please take a look at this thread:
http://www.stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35

I'll need more information to see what the problem is, so if you have your User ID/Airline ID handy that would be great. You can get it by going to the "admin" section and it can be found on the top right.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Evanescent

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 12:41:04 am
An Aircraft  - 45897 (boeing 747 - on loan from D:Express)

An Airline - 996 Evanescent

A gate  - London Gatwick.

A route London Gatwick - Sao Paulo.

When trying to create the above route, i recieve the error message

"Good. next
There was a problem in creating the route.
Duplicate entry '0' for key 9"

On closer inspection, it would appear that the aircraft has been "half assigned" to the route. (i.e the hours have been deducted, but the route has not been created). i think the same problem may have happened to my other leased 747 (46243).
I noticed this when I went to create routes from Edinburgh and Liverpool, and realised that the two 747's were availiable, despite the fact they were both assigned to routes out of LGW

Thanks
img]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff296/Shrewflite/Evanescent50.gif[/img]

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 03:50:11 am
OK.

So, i was a little more invasive then i tend to like to be to try to figure this out. Sorry if it's disrupted some grand scheme of things.

My research behind that error message seems to tie it to the weird bug that developed in the routes table (since i cannot seem to replicate the issue).  Basically, from what I understand, it seems it got hung up on a route number and tried to create two or three of route number X (which, it should never. ever. do).  Likely having hung up in the middle of inserting the data or some-such.  That cascaded down through a few airports and seems to have buggered up here and there a few things, but has been repaired away. (I'm hoping this was the cause).

So, since i couldn't replicate it with my stuff, I logged into your account and tried to replicate it. It seems you have both 747's no longer based out of london Gatwick so i had to make do with Edinburgh - Sao Paulo.  It was created with no issues, and i refunded the market research fee (I so hate logging into people's accounts to try to figure these bugs out).  I left the route, do with it as you please.

Let me know if it persists though. Definitely.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk