Airline Mogul Forum

Sell used aircraft at 33%

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: August 10, 2007, 08:42:24 am
Can someone please fix the shown value (or the aircraft sell page, coz I don't exactly know which one is wrong) in the view_aircraft page? I can't ever sell my planes even slightly above the listed value. When I try to sell a 45 million euro plane for 50 million, why oh why doesn't it work? It's well within the 33% margin. It's no use having to find out price limitations when there's nothing to base it on. You'd have to try over and over again to find prices that do work, but really, I don't feel like doing that at all. It happened with CRJ's, with 738HGW's, and if I try, probably with 747's as well.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:19:14 am
I have asked thios question for some time.

The answer is that the margin is based on "fair value". The listed value is the "book value". Essentially, the book value is the depreciated one introduced with the accounting feature this round. The fair value is the value used to show on the view aircraft page.

The method I use now to check the fair value of a plane is to lease it to the open market for 10000000000 (or however many "0" you could input). Then go to Aircraft Market and look at the plane value there. The 50~133% is based on that. If someone lease your plane (you would think no one would be that stupid) then congrats :P
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 09:25:52 am
Yeah, I thought it was that problem again. But really, I don't feel like leasing it out on used, checking value, taking it off and selling it on. It takes too much time, especially if you're selling off more than 10 aircraft at the same time. Can't the selling page (the one where I input ID and price) just show me the limitations at once, or would that take too much calculating? I wouldn't think so, seeing as it will make the calculation anyway when clicking submit, you could copy the calculating part to the selling page and display the results so you can adapt the price without having to click submit, then back, then fill in the data again, then click submit again, only to find you still can't sell the d**n thing  :)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 01:26:11 pm
Definitely on the higher end of my todo list (show fair value for sell ac).  I'll try and get to it today even.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk