[W2677] Airline value drops when ordering new aircraft

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
I saw this bug on the in-game forum:

On the changeover from 21/7/95 to 22/7/95, my airline value decreased $7.7million while everyone else around me increased at their normal rate between $15 million and $32 million.  The previous "day", my airline had increased just over $17 million.

I don't see any excessive maintenance charges, misc expense is normal, DOC didn't change, loads are the same.  I can't figure out why I just had a $24 million swing from gain to loss.

Any help would be appreciated.

Which got this reply:

Did you order your first A320 around the same dates? I dont have access to admin interface, but Am just trying to help to link things here. That also happened to my airline a few months ago, which I thought was attributed to the first purchase of an ATR, therefore adding a new type (uncomonality) to the fleet. Perhaps I wss supposed to flag the drastic reduction the same way you did for further investigation. When it happened we were number 64, but suddenly we dipped down several levels below

@Stephen: It might have something to do with the new maintenance formula?

@Anyone else: Have you had any similar experiences when ordering aircraft? Have you seen other airline's value drop suddenly?

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 07:24:23 pm
I saw an airline's value drop a few years back. It went down about €20 millions, before gaining a lot more later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk