Airline Mogul Forum

??? Why am I constantly being banned ???

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 16, 2012, 09:48:48 am
Hi AM

I am only able to post here now because I am posting from someone else’s PC. For the third time since my joining my IP address has been banned by the forums anti virus/ security thing. In the past this occurred whenever I posted using too many hyperlinks in a certain topic. I then sent an email to Stephen from AM and was unblocked although without response. Now yet again I was blocked out right from the start only browsing through topics. I thought I'd rather work through the forum this time albeit from some other PC, I've been blocked now again for a few days.

What in the world am I doing wrong? Surely I cannot pose that much of a threat to the security and stability of the forum by doing what it was designed for, reading posts and posting myself? Help would be much appreciated.

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:10:42 pm
Thank you for unblocking me again. However the question still begs what am I doing wrong to cause for it in the first place? It would be much more convenient not to have to go through a whole process of getting someones attention in order to be unblocked every so often.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:35:19 am
The problem lies with the hosting provider. We do not directly block you from the forums. I have in previous cases reported to them when users get banned but for a variety of reasons they may or may not urban an IP address or range. The situation is a little difficult to maintain. I have often debated just moving the forums to one of the AM servers but we benefit when things go wrong from having them here. I will notify the host of your repeated issues, Matias (one of our staff) also suffers from problems here too.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 01:32:14 am
Thank you Stephen, I understand. I'm sure there are many others that do not even bother to report being blocked. Good luck getting any meaningful response out of the hosting provider :roll:

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 04:47:28 pm
Was banned again for the past two days, unbanned today. No need to reply Stephen I'm just posting for records sake.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 01:58:55 am
If you could send me a copy of the error message next time you see it that would be helpful. You can email it to  :staff: thanks. :)
Stephen Murphy

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 09:57:52 pm
Will do.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 01:45:43 pm
I'm still banned :P And it's not the first time. My temporary solution is to use a proxy (send data via a third party server, thus hiding your IP), but it is so damn slow!

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 10:13:10 pm
Well... I wouldn't even know where to start with that, luckily there is a PC I can use right next door, albeit under the guise of having a faulty internet connection ;)

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 12:52:06 am
I'm still banned :P And it's not the first time. My temporary solution is to use a proxy (send data via a third party server, thus hiding your IP), but it is so damn slow!

The host is waiting for more details, which we don't have much of. They claim the IP I provided (Matias') is not blocked.
Stephen Murphy

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 11:34:11 am
Stephen the minute I get blocked again I'll send you the error message & the IP.

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 11:41:55 am
It just dawned on me that I still have the error message in the email that I sent to your direct email. It contains a copy paste of the entire error message, my IP & of course the date of the email is the day that I was blocked.

I just forwarded it to the staff email you provided, hope it helps.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:12:44 am by Commercial Air Services »

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 12:22:47 am
My direct email is fine. I try not to use actual email addresses as text on forums etc to try and reduce the amount of spam we get.
Stephen Murphy

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 01:14:14 am
Of course :-[ My apologies. I edited them out of the post to avoid that then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk